Peacocks and bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindylou

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

We live in a small village in rural Norfolk and our lane is home to quite a few peacocks. I often see them in neighbours gardens whilst walking our dog. This morning my hubby saw 2 of them in our garden - having flown over a 6 foot fence (the peacocks, not my hubby :) ). I didn't even know they could fly!! My question is - does anyone know if peacocks eat bees?

dont know if they eat bees but they can be very very nasty if approached and they feel threatened

Most definitely peacocks!! One beautiful male and not sure if other was a young male or female.

Yep they do! :( A friend in Gloucestershire lost almost an entire nuc over the course of a weekend. He kept moving them on, but they kept sneaking back and pecking the hive - out came investigators...and one fat pregnant peacock!! Unless she needed something contained in the bee?

Peacocks........spawn of the devil........noisy, messy and downright irritating.
They love to poke their beaks where they are not wanted.

Can you guess that they are not in my top ten list of birds I love?
Cazza

Yep they do! :( A friend in Gloucestershire lost almost an entire nuc over the course of a weekend. He kept moving them on, but they kept sneaking back and pecking the hive - out came investigators...and one fat pregnant peacock!! Unless she needed something contained in the bee?

A pregnant peacock???:rolleyes:

dont know if they eat bees but they can be very very nasty if approached and they feel threatened

Are you sure that's not a Peashooter you're thinking of :leaving:

i think its your ears you need to worry about pea foul are noisy devils but look loverly this time of year due to the tail and yes they can a do fly when needed to i had the catch one that strayed round Gorton (Manchester) 20 years ago when i worked at platt field park in the pets corner Happy days:rolleyes:bee-smillie

Latest posts

Back