Parting gift ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice - deformed/wavy bit of foundation/comb allowed brace comb to be built which provided nice edge cells for drawing out into queen cells.

Still I did get some bees shook into a NUC with three drawn frames and some polystyrene to stop em wobblinfor too much, no queen no brood a total mess of honey comb. I gently sprayed with very dilute sugared wated once in Nuc, now merged on the other merged colony.... getting to look like the Canary Wharfe building that hive...2 brood boxes a QE a a super, with last weeks lot that were queenless with newspaper between, and now more newspaper and another super containing the much travelled (and well read!) bees, + crown board and roof.
Looked just now and there are bees eveywhere, some going in and out of the bee escape ... roof escape.

It can only get better!!!

and bees were really impressed with the much pot holed single road across the Blackdown Hills.... nice if Devon / Somerset would repair it!!!!!

Sorry folks got a bit excited ther for a moment... this is from the far away Wiltshire WBC in M8s orchard,
but this looks like a newish frame and a Hoffman, others in supers were in a mess and on the old metal spacers...propolised for England!!!

Last edited:
I think that is very kind, my bees have never presented me with a floral pattern, embossed table cloth .....

the much pot holed single road across the Blackdown Hills.... nice if Devon / Somerset would repair it

So do we - we live a few miles from said road and wish similar frequently!!

Latest posts

Back