Park Beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Trying to find an extractor I came across Park Beekeeping, anyone use their kit? Thoughts / experiences / VFM etc

ive got a 20 frame extractor from them about 4 years ago, cheapest I found and the kit works very well, I had a couple problems and the customer service was very good, I would recommend them.

I have a 9 frame electric extractor, bought for me from them... sorry Paynes, but it was a pressie. Been fine and some from my Division use it too. Most helpful people too.

We got one of their 4 frame extractors this year. Very happy with it and they were very helpful on the phone.

Very happy with my (second-hand) Park 9-frame motorised radial.
The stainless cage holds 9 frames (even 9 Manleys) nicely.
The (cheap) optional extra tangential screens do take a 14x12 comfortably.

I was looking for something other than a Thornes 'universal' 9 frame radial after I discovered 1/ that it won't take 9 Manleys and 2/ that the optional extra tangential screens won't take 14x12. And when this came up at a decent price, I grabbed it. Very pleased I did.

I believe the metalwork is from Lega in Italy, the motor from Germany and brought together in Blackheath.

Do they sell second hand as well Itma?

What is the dimensions of yours?

Bought one a few years ago from Abelo, been a good bit of kit and would recommend
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Looking at the Park catalogue for the 9 frame electric extractor, this looks identical to the Agro Nova unit, which is £175 cheaper. (mind you,it only does 8 frames) I have one of these and am very pleased with it, It does Manley frames ,can be converted from National to Dadant and anything in between, and also does 2 14x12 frames tangentally (but do you really want to do that!?)
http://www.thebeebusinessshop.co.uk/8-frame-nationalmanley-motorised-extractor-136-p.asp

I was referring to the 9 frame radial MANUAL for myself

Bought one a few years ago from Abelo, been a good bit of kit and would recommend
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wont make the shortlist as they are all tangential in my price range. I want radial

Very happy with my (second-hand) Park 9-frame motorised radial.
The stainless cage holds 9 frames (even 9 Manleys) nicely.
The (cheap) optional extra tangential screens do take a 14x12 comfortably.

I was looking for something other than a Thornes 'universal' 9 frame radial after I discovered 1/ that it won't take 9 Manleys and 2/ that the optional extra tangential screens won't take 14x12. And when this came up at a decent price, I grabbed it. Very pleased I did.

I believe the metalwork is from Lega in Italy, the motor from Germany and brought together in Blackheath.
Hope you don't mind me asking, but is it easy to change the screen to convert from radial to tangential?

the screens usually just drop in

Yes. No fastenings, they just hook over the cage.
Though sold individually, fit (and use) a full set to keep the thing approximately balanced!
Swapping the cage for a tangential cage would be a take-apart & reassemble job.

For those with lots of cappings, Park's cappings bags (which hook onto the tangential screens) look to be about the cheapest on offer.

Latest posts

Back