Oz armour?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've posted my thoughts on the Oz Armour suit (which I own and use) in several threads, but I can reproduce them here if it would be helpful.

James

I use Sherrif Bee Pro, expensive but 100% effective. The Sherriff and BB Wear as reported elsewhere are probably the best. Sherriff guarantee their zips for fives year i think and have the clear view veil which does make a difference when trying to see eggs

I use Sherrif Bee Pro, expensive but 100% effective. The Sherriff and BB Wear as reported elsewhere are probably the best. Sherriff guarantee their zips for fives year i think and have the clear view veil which does make a difference when trying to see eggs
Just to eco the above I’ve had sheriffs suits for years and always had good service and quality! I’ve tried a few others but they are by far the best imo

Does anyone use the Swienty Breeze suits?
We do.
My oldest suit @ four years now resembles a bag of rags, but is still used daily.
I think there's around twelve in the rotation.
Hoods are a massive pain to drive in until they have softened up, then they will push almost flat against your back.
Before using for the first time I give them a wash with fabric softener included, otherwise its like wearing a scouring pad.
During the last heatwave I just wore boxer's and had one sting in my armpit.

Last edited:
After eight years I noticed the banding around the veil hoops has frayed and begun to split, probably my fault for tucking it in the suit to wash, the material is quite rough. Because the mesh is rigid, it has cut through in one spot and needs repairing so I thought I'd order a replacement veil.
The zip is much finer on my old suit :(

We do.
My oldest suit @ four years now resembles a bag of rags, but is still used daily.
I think there's around twelve in the rotation.
Hoods are a massive pain to drive in until they have softened up, then they will push almost flat against your back.
Before using for the first time I give them a wash with fabric softener included, otherwise its like wearing a scouring pad.
During the last heatwave I just wore boxer's and had one sting in my armpit.
If you'd worn a suit you might have avoided that sting. ;)

Oz Armour +++++
I recently bought a cheap ventilated suit from Amazon but sent it back as the sizing was ridiculous - 2XL according to their sizing chart - arms and legs were way too long but with such a short body that it was too tight in the crutch. I cant imagine who it would have fitted - maybe Mr Tickle

Tried again. Bought a Oz Armour suit - XL - fits perfectly I'm 178cm tall, 108cm chest & 86kg .
The fencing hood has a removable plastic stiffener to help keep the veil away from your chin. The veil also has a front opening zip so you can access your face without removing the veil.
I love it - its so cool inside compared to my cotton suit. Its heavier but you dont notice the weight once kitted up.

I have a Sheriff, which is now six years old and a BB ventilated suit at two years old.
The Sheriff is far more comfortable than the other and is my “go to” suit - the BB only on hot days.
There are issues with the BB suit design which spoil it, but it’s effective at keeping things cool - as long as there’s a breeze.
I have been extremely satisfied with the Sheriff and would buy again, the BB I wouldn’t.

Oz Armour +++++
I recently bought a cheap ventilated suit from Amazon but sent it back as the sizing was ridiculous - 2XL according to their sizing chart - arms and legs were way too long but with such a short body that it was too tight in the crutch. I cant imagine who it would have fitted - maybe Mr Tickle

Tried again. Bought a Oz Armour suit - XL - fits perfectly I'm 178cm tall, 108cm chest & 86kg .
The fencing hood has a removable plastic stiffener to help keep the veil away from your chin. The veil also has a front opening zip so you can access your face without removing the veil.
I love it - its so cool inside compared to my cotton suit. Its heavier but you dont notice the weight once kitted up.
How much did you pay for your OZ ?

I have a Sheriff, which is now six years old and a BB ventilated suit at two years old.
The Sheriff is far more comfortable than the other and is my “go to” suit - the BB only on hot days.
There are issues with the BB suit design which spoil it, but it’s effective at keeping things cool - as long as there’s a breeze.
I have been extremely satisfied with the Sheriff and would buy again, the BB I wouldn’t.
I have BB ultra suit iv been stung trough it 5 times on the shoulders and back. The protective material isnt long enough on arms and legs either..The zips on ankles are terrible weak mine have broken and elastic on ankles is gone too.. very dissatisfied with this suit since it cost me around €500

After eight years I noticed the banding around the veil hoops has frayed and begun to split, probably my fault for tucking it in the suit to wash, the material is quite rough. Because the mesh is rigid, it has cut through in one spot and needs repairing so I thought I'd order a replacement veil.
The zip is much finer on my old suit :(
As a follow up, I had a reply today that confirmed the old design is no longer made, the new fencing type veils are the only ones now available. I'll get a new suit and have a go at repairing the old veil.

I have BB ultra suit iv been stung trough it 5 times on the shoulders and back. The protective material isnt long enough on arms and legs either..The zips on ankles are terrible weak mine have broken and elastic on ankles is gone too.. very dissatisfied with this suit since it cost me around €500
I couldn’t agree more. I found the sleeve length shorter than specified on the website and sent back for adjustment, but still found the sleeves too short and unprotected almost to the elbow, meaning a gauntlet is needed and you then overheat on the forearm.

Back