Oxalic acid vaping...is it "non-treatment".

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During last 20 years tens of beekeepers have been put into jail in England.

Very possibly, but as far as I know none for anything to do with treating bees. Do you have any evidence to support your assertion?

If beekeepers have a legal obligation keep records of pharmaceutical products which they deliberately introduce to a hive, presumably that is because organisations such as the Food Standards Agency may very occasionally need to audit those records in the interests of public safety. Although we may think we know better than The Law and even though regulations in this area of beekeeping may be demonstrably stupid, I think we still ought to keep records of what, when, how and where in respect of all chemicals applied to bees, whether "natural" or synthetic.

I therefore presume you, as a law abiding beekeeper, to have notified the presence of Varroa mites in your hives to the Secretary of State as you ar legally obliged to under the The Bee Diseases and Pests Control (England) (Amendment) Order 2021 that came into force on 21st April this year. Not to have done so constitutes an offence punishable on summary conviction by an unlimited fine.

I therefore presume you, as a law abiding beekeeper, to have notified the presence of Varroa mites in your hives to the Secretary of State as you ar legally obliged to under the The Bee Diseases and Pests Control (England) (Amendment) Order 2021 that came into force on 21st April this year. Not to have done so constitutes an offence punishable on summary conviction by an unlimited fine.

No need, because Beebe will no doubt be registered correctly on Beebase, which does it for you.

Tongue in cheek I should imagine
Dani, may I appeal to you, and to the other moderators, (and perhaps to the administrators as well), to make this forum into what it claims to be, a "Beekeeping Forum".

Many of the comments in this "discussion" are so irrelevant, and have not made any helpful contribution. I for one am thankful that there have been thoughtful contributors besides myself, who have given some really helpful and informative advice, on a variety of beekeeping questions.

I would request that the moderators use their discretionary powers well and wisely, to facilitate polite and helpful discussions.

As I understand the law around products introduced to the hive, it is not just licensed pharma that need to be recorded.
Before the licensed OA treatments we used the trickle method from a Spanish bottle of prepared OA that got stronger and darker with age, that had to be recorded for a good reason.

Dani, may I appeal to you, and to the other moderators, (and perhaps to the administrators as well), to make this forum into what it claims to be, a "Beekeeping Forum".

Many of the comments in this "discussion" are so irrelevant, and have not made any helpful contribution. I for one am thankful that there have been thoughtful contributors besides myself, who have given some really helpful and informative advice, on a variety of beekeeping questions.

I would request that the moderators use their discretionary powers well and wisely, to facilitate polite and helpful discussions.
Wilfred. I am not taking out comments that diverge the thread or any that make your ponderous tone lighter with their humour unless it is offensive or dangerously wrong. This forum is not an encyclopaedia it’s a discussion platform. If you post you must expect retort.

Wilfred. I am not taking out comments that diverge the thread or any that make your ponderous tone lighter with their humour unless it is offensive or dangerously wrong. This forum is not an encyclopaedia it’s a discussion platform. If you post you must expect retort.
Thank you Dani for your comments - except that I think that your use of the word "ponderous" is a little strange.

Sometimes it is necessary to give a detailed report to avoid ambiguity, in the giving of an explanation, especially in an environment where there are some forum members who seem to think that they need to "read between the lines" to discover the kernel of a message.

Thank you for your assurance that it is a discussion forum. I do not mind if I am questioned, because I believe that honest questions deserve honest answers. Retort, on the other hand, as frequently found in this forum recently, has been used as a form of insult and abuse.

Latest posts

Back