oxalic acid double brood

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Heather

As you don't kiss frogs, it looks like i'm stuck for another year:ack2:

Finman ei iltti

But your looks are improving - or is the mulled wine getting sronger

Last edited:
Oxalic acid - vapourise or trickle (and may have been spray, at one time).

Treat as a single box. Trickle from above, they may well be a little higher than when you last looked! Do not go splitting the cluster in these conditions (or any others for that matter)! 5ml per seam of bees. Should take less than not very long to do it.

I thought it was all in there.....somewhere.

Regards, RAB

Oxalic acid - vapourise or trickle (and may have been spray, at one time).

Treat as a single box. Trickle from above, they may well be a little higher than when you last looked! Do not go splitting the cluster in these conditions (or any others for that matter)! 5ml per seam of bees. Should take less than not very long to do it.

I thought it was all in there.....somewhere.

Regards, RAB

Thanks, that's what i was after, straight forward answer.
It probably is all in there but got lost in translation :)

As already suggested treat double as one box and trickle from top onto the bees. Take a torch to look down the seams to see where the bees are, it does help.

Peter

Take a torch to look down the seams to see where the bees are, it does help.

Peter

Very funny. There is not much alternatives where they could be.
This is the very first time to offer torch in trickling.

Bee medication is serious business. Extra tricks just cover essential under nice-to-do tricks.

Last edited:
Could be clustered in front or middle, surely. I have some in varying areas (in hives I hasten to add), - so I would have thought better to trickle only where they are and not missing a seam. No damage done with a torch - just Finman being a smarty pants :hat: (Wonder how that translates:):))

As already suggested treat double as one box and trickle from top onto the bees. Take a torch to look down the seams to see where the bees are, it does help.

Peter

Good tip about the torch, they where that low down that i could only just see them with the torch, they where covering the middle 6-7 frames, my second hive where only covering 4 frames and the 3rd had been completely wiped out due to wasp attacks that must have killed the queen and left them very weak :(.

Latest posts

Back