Old Thorne 12 Frame Extractor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 & 6 Nucs
I have just purchase an old Thorne 12 frame electric extractor, I use to have one of these over 20 years ago, does anyone on here have one of there? I would like to know the height and diameter of it please. The person I purchased this off has told me its 70" diameter! I can't remember it being anywhere near this size - I'm getting silly quotes to courier it.

Sounds more like a grain storage vat at that diameter.. 70cm probably.....
Just lie to the courier people.. a bit.

Galvanised stainless or plastic?

I hope it isn't galvanised. Would probably have been OK 20 years ago. Not regarded as "food safe" nowadays.

// A 12 frame extractor isn't going to be nearly six foot across. 70 cm much more likely ....

I have just purchase an old Thorne 12 frame electric extractor, I use to have one of these over 20 years ago, does anyone on here have one of there? I would like to know the height and diameter of it please. The person I purchased this off has told me its 70" diameter! I can't remember it being anywhere near this size - I'm getting silly quotes to courier it.

might be getting his dia. mixed up with his cum.

I have one, I'll try and measure this am. It is stainless.
I bought it 2nd hand a couple of years ago, it broke after a couple of supers. It was a friction drive which wore out, made a pair of pulleys instead. Beware.

Back