Not very satisfied!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The distance selling act is no good here
the items were ordered via the net but they we collected no posted

sale of goods act no good here
ie: not fit for purpose The purpose of a nuc is to expand in time to a full size colony ( how longs a piece of string)
As described?
bees if they stated 10,000 has the buyer counted them?
Frames of stores and brood % of frames covered?

a lot of of time wasted if you ask me and a lot of public money wasted draging in trading standards

Jus email them and ask for a part refund , Exchange or full refund end of.

Only ever had cheap pine hive parts from them.

For all those who have purchased bee suits from them they offer repairs - at a price :)

My "FRAGILE" hood zip self destructed in 6 months... of winter use!
Cheaper to send to Puket to get new zip put in.... personal courier of course!!

I will now go lie down in a dark corner before someone stamps all over me for making a reasonable comment and making me feel fragile all over again!

The good reporting of their shortcomings, plastered all over the net might affect their sales more than an insignificant amount. They may fob it off, but it will avalanche eventually.

Unless there was adequate redress and an apology for an isolated incident, the other incidences will come out of the woodwork and rapidly pile up against them and soon all will become very aware of the level of service, if there is one. 'Buyer especially beware' for that company, methinks

RAB

My "FRAGILE" hood zip self destructed in 6 months... of winter use!
Cheaper to send to Puket to get new zip put in.... personal courier of course!!

I will now go lie down in a dark corner before someone stamps all over me for making a reasonable comment and making me feel fragile all over again!

Just checked the supers I purchased - all the nails have gone rusty :(

Get what you pay for - off to buy from a more reputable supplier.

Aaaaah - if I had have known we were talking about Oswestry I would have been shouting even louder for you to publish!

He and I are, shall we say, not the best of friends. Indeed, I have not yet met a beekeeper in Shropshire or Montgomeryshire that has a good word to say about him.

Buyer beware indeed!

And here's another one!!

Do you know who supplies the nucs to the Oswestry outfit?
And the replacement queens when needed!

Peter

May be my standards are a little high but I would expect a nuc should contain

1 frame of mostly stores (capped honey and or wet stores and a good amount of pollen)
3 good frames of brood in all stages + a small quantity of stores
1 frame with some of the above as well as some empty cells for the queen to lay in over the next day or so.

All the combs in the frames should be no more than 2 years old. The frames should be in reasonably good condition. Each nuc should come with at least basic recommended instructions for the buyer.

If the supplier can't provide this then he/she shouldn't be charging premium prices.

It doesn't cost much for a supplier who falls short when putting together some nucs to provide a small pollen patty and lump of fondant if the stores frames are a little light.

As suppliers make arrangements to put together x number of nucs a week if the supplier cant met demands then a fair and reasonable discount on collection is excellent customer service and will go a long way to get yourself a good name and recommendations.

I have no problems naming and shaming those who fall well short of acceptable quality, however if the supplier takes offence it will be Mark <Admin> who will have to deal with it.

Mike a
I agree with what you say.

But this I dont agree with

I have no problems naming and shaming those who fall well short of acceptable quality, however if the supplier takes offence it will be Mark <Admin> who will have to deal with it.

Why is it Admins fault ?

Regards Andy

Last edited:
I think Mike is saying that: if a supplier feels that posts on the forum are untrue about their business then its me who has to deal with the fallout.

I think Mike is saying that: if a supplier feels that posts on the forum are untrue about their business then its me who has to deal with the fallout.

Thank you Mark :)

Forgot to add one important line to my post above:

A good covering of bees <minimal varroa and disease free> per frame.
:biggrinjester:

Don't worry. Now that Broandy is on this thread everyone's feedback will have been passed to his friends at FP.

And can be sued for libel for allowing it to be "published" if that should be the case. The site "owner" is responsible.

Chris

Latest posts

Back