No Loin, or Tigers, but BEARS oh my.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was checking out cheap flights. Do you need a hand hauling him out off the woods.

Some great recipies here for bear meat, though I cant find one with honey.

http://www.bowhunting.net/susieq/bear.html

I will have to try some of these recipes, though the Trichonosis warning is a little disheartening to put right at the top of the page.

You are welcome to come, but we will let the tractor do the hauling while we drink a few beers. :cheers2: Then we will cook him every way we can find.

We have cattle, three nice Jersey cross heifers and a Jersey bull, as well as four draft horses, all fenced with three strands of electric out to the woodline. So really these hives are fenced twice cause the bear would have to come through the cattle fence and across the field before he could reach the hive fence. I don't know if the cows and horses are an added deterrent or not.

Got a pic of him on our game camera, when he triggered the camera he was about 100 yards from the hives and headed in their direction, so far he has not rushed the electric fence.

It is a pretty young bear, probably a yearling.

looks like you are going to b eating a lot of bear sausage.yum yum.

Whilst I have some sympathy with people who face marauding, opportunistic, bears who accidentally come into contact with civilised folk intending to steal...its small fry.

Keep your bears, woodpeckers, and Deer....in-fact keep even your Varroa.

I personally have no qualms about requesting a licence to hunt and shoot our own, homegrown, big game:

The issue really is just what bore of shotgun I require to bring 'em down.

SNA1504ROB1-682_1359896a.jpg

Sam

Whilst I have some sympathy with people who face marauding, opportunistic, bears who accidentally come into contact with civilised folk intending to steal...its small fry.

Keep your bears, woodpeckers, and Deer....in-fact keep even your Varroa.

I personally have no qualms about requesting a licence to hunt and shoot our own, homegrown, big game:

The issue really is just what bore of shotgun I require to bring 'em down.

SNA1504ROB1-682_1359896a.jpg

Sam

Its still illegal to shot the immigrants. But give it a few months and im sure David cameron will give you a licence to shoot single parents who live council homes, as he appears to have his mind set that they are a bigger threat.

Back