NHS Covid App

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a lot in common ... if there was a Uni on the Isle of Wight I would have applied there ! I was 250 miles from home but I reckon Hertfordshire to Glasgow was nearer 350 in the days before the motorways ... :)

Yes and I never lived with my parents ever again. I went straight into a job in a London suburb with a house thrown in with the job.

Yes and I never lived with my parents ever again. I went straight into a job in a London suburb with a house thrown in with the job.
Oddly enough neither did I ... but my then fiance, now wife ... after she finished her teacher training went to live with my parents for a year as she got a job teaching in Mexborough and I went and lived with her parents down here for a year when I got a job with Woolworths (Nobody wanted Engineering Geologists and Geotechnicals in those days ... ) down here in Portsmouth ... we both lasted a year although I got on better with my future inlaws than I did with my Mum !

A long time ago. Boyfriend and I bought a top floor flat in Maryhill for £400 and had it compulsory purchased for 5 grand five years later. We spent a lot of time loch lomond side. It’s a busy and intensive course with little time for carousing
I worked holidays on Skye before the bridge and that was a truly wonderful place then.
Ceri also had her flat at Maryhill. The only advice I've given the kids when it came to Universities was go North.

That and the potential for a pace of life that doesn't involve 2 hour commutes and running to stand still.

A long time ago. Boyfriend and I bought a top floor flat in Maryhill for £400 and had it compulsory purchased for 5 grand five years later. We spent a lot of time loch lomond side. It’s a busy and intensive course with little time for carousing
I worked holidays on Skye before the bridge and that was a truly wonderful place then.
Maryhill to Balloch (Loch Lomond) by bike on the canal path, by any chance? A lovely ride. I left the Highlands (on the mainland opposite Skye) to go to Glasgow to study and then teach. I never could get used to the midges in the NW. Retired and moved to Kent now - but I can't get used to the near total absence of inland water. I can't figure where the bees find any.

Mmmm! Flavour... minerals...

I haven't taken any honey from our bees this year, but it would have been nice and tasty if I had done so. The hive is just a few metres from our neighbours' overflowing septic tank. Fortunately the tank has just been replaced in time for next year's crop of honey.🙏

Latest posts

Back