New virus?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Has anybody heard if a virus that does this to the brood and kills it?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8A2A638A-1F95-4227-A22C-4BBE2ABF9B63.jpeg
    8A2A638A-1F95-4227-A22C-4BBE2ABF9B63.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 144
Seems as though it has bee around for a few years now... I called it the Danish Pastry Virus, because the capping looks swirly like a Danish Pastry.... some took a dim view of this descriptive term.
Hivemaker posted some of my images... Giles Budge seems not to be interested... samples have been sent in!

Seems as though it has bee around for a few years now... I called it the Danish Pastry Virus, because the capping looks swirly like a Danish Pastry.... some took a dim view of this descriptive term.
Hivemaker posted some of my images... Giles Budge seems not to be interested... samples have been sent in!

Ah. I wondered whether that was one and the same. It seems to come and then vanish as quickly according to reports.

Ah. I wondered whether that was one and the same. It seems to come and then vanish as quickly according to reports.

Last season it seemed that all of my non native colonies were suffering to some extent from it... from reports it is going through the South West yellow stripies like a dose of salts!

Latest posts

Back