New to bees in the north of Scotland.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiat500bee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We got our nuc of Buckfast bees a couple of weeks ago. I've already got more than enough hobbies and things to do. But they're my partner's really; she said, "it's your sort of thing" and I'm beginning to see that it is!

With this year being the way it has been we've had to go it alone, but this forum and many other internet resources are a great help in getting started.

It looks like it's normal to want to run before you can walk with this hobby, and already I'm wanting the bees to have increased in number faster than is physically possible. :)

So the three main frames of the nuc seem to be healthy, I've already accidentally spotted the queen and I've substituted the plastic foundation which came with the hive with wax; although no activity there yet.

Long term I would like to keep some Amm, especially since we have a cottage which is in some quite remote hills, but for now I'm very happy with bees which are much calmer than I could ever have expected and after two bee-related activities I still haven't been stung. :scotland-flag:

Back