Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

steve's bees 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Steve im on it tomorrow hopefully at a nice price too :)
Good luck and I hope you get what you want. I bought a cheap one off e**y when I first started and what a total waste of money. I realised then to buy the best I could get, I was then lucky to find some one selling a nearly new sheriff, I got it cheap very lucky.

Steve

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Insert in 'goggle', add a helpful hint (like 'bees', or 'beekeeping ) and all will be revealed.

Simple, really.

BeeEnglish 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Insert in 'goggle', add a helpful hint (like 'bees', or 'beekeeping ) and all will be revealed.

Simple, really.
My preference is Sh-----f. I alternate two full suits, good quality material, which wash well. Found service speedy and personal when I needed to exchange one for a larger size. Good range of colours and sizes to choose from. The white T-----s one I tried was very thin. Another that has been mentioned I returned with faulty stitching.

Hope this helps.

Illo 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I think it's worth looking at the veil design, as ther are differences. Some are wired, so close to the face; others are suspended from a 'hat' and so keep the bees further from the face. This is worth considering if you are not keen on being buzzed by insistent stinging insects! I prefer the former version.

LJ

BBG 

Banned
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Polystyrene & lots more next year again hopefully
We use these

they're strong material, easy wash and have pockets where you want them.

Last edited by a moderator:

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Get the best most bomb proof suit with a veil that stays as far away from your face as possible. One day you will be grateful that you did. Expect the worst although it may never happen. Being hosed down in the garden because hundreds of bees climbed up your jacket is not the best way to end an inspection!
E

psafloyd 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Probably about 5/6 at the moment
I have a bbwear that i've found very good.
:iagree:

All in one in sage green. Bit hot in the summer, but better protection than the lightweight one.

S&R

Headnavigator 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
My preference is Sh-----f. I alternate two full suits, good quality material, which wash well. Found service speedy and personal when I needed to exchange one for a larger size. Good range of colours and sizes to choose from. The white T-----s one I tried was very thin. Another that has been mentioned I returned with faulty stitching.

Hope this helps.
:iagree::iagree:

Something very substantial and reassuring about these suits, face mesh good and strong too, and whatever shape your head, a baseball cap inside the hood keeps the mesh off your face and your hair out of your eyes. Love mine. :hurray:

Monsieur Abeille 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
None of my own
Long and short of it is if you get a S*****f or a B* then it will be a decent suit, well worth the extra cost.

Latest posts