New suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve im on it tomorrow hopefully at a nice price too :)

Good luck and I hope you get what you want. I bought a cheap one off e**y when I first started and what a total waste of money. I realised then to buy the best I could get, I was then lucky to find some one selling a nearly new sheriff, I got it cheap very lucky.

Steve

Insert in 'goggle', add a helpful hint (like 'bees', or 'beekeeping ) and all will be revealed.

Simple, really.

Insert in 'goggle', add a helpful hint (like 'bees', or 'beekeeping ) and all will be revealed.

Simple, really.
My preference is Sh-----f. I alternate two full suits, good quality material, which wash well. Found service speedy and personal when I needed to exchange one for a larger size. Good range of colours and sizes to choose from. The white T-----s one I tried was very thin. Another that has been mentioned I returned with faulty stitching.

Hope this helps.

I think it's worth looking at the veil design, as ther are differences. Some are wired, so close to the face; others are suspended from a 'hat' and so keep the bees further from the face. This is worth considering if you are not keen on being buzzed by insistent stinging insects! I prefer the former version.

LJ

We use these

they're strong material, easy wash and have pockets where you want them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the best most bomb proof suit with a veil that stays as far away from your face as possible. One day you will be grateful that you did. Expect the worst although it may never happen. Being hosed down in the garden because hundreds of bees climbed up your jacket is not the best way to end an inspection!
E

I have a bbwear that i've found very good.

:iagree:

All in one in sage green. Bit hot in the summer, but better protection than the lightweight one.

S&R

My preference is Sh-----f. I alternate two full suits, good quality material, which wash well. Found service speedy and personal when I needed to exchange one for a larger size. Good range of colours and sizes to choose from. The white T-----s one I tried was very thin. Another that has been mentioned I returned with faulty stitching.

Hope this helps.

:iagree::iagree:

Something very substantial and reassuring about these suits, face mesh good and strong too, and whatever shape your head, a baseball cap inside the hood keeps the mesh off your face and your hair out of your eyes. Love mine. :hurray:

Latest posts

Back