New English beekeeping group

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no offence taken. I'm not suggesting the forum goes that way anyway...I think the idea of the 1st post on the thread was a separate beekeeping association, country wide perhaps.

we'd always need the bkforum to keep things in check anyway !

polyhive i would love to join an organization as long as it ant the bbka filth as for the money £30 is ok for me plus insurance, as for running it i would evam put my hand up for that one as well,

my views are well known and to others who dont know i am very very anti bbka and have been from 1989, its just a shame that the revolution has not come yet and they were not the first against the wall when it happens

I think the BBKA lacks accountability to its members, and because of its voting structure it is virtually impossible to change. Until it becomes a direct membership organisation (which addresses at least some of MJBees issues) it will never be fit for purpose. Let's face it - an organisation that purports to represent all beekeepers but only gets twentyfive percent membership is failing to engage with a lot of them. Its attitude alienates a lot of people, its arcane ways of doing things doesn't help either. Because it is so difficult to change the BBKA, it is really easier to start again, with a clean sheet, to attact the other 75%. The only thing worth saving are the practical elements of the education program...

The name NEW English Beekeeping group says it all really.

To attract people for their comfortable beds you have to make an offer they can't refuse :):)

John Wilkinson

Apropos Vegs winning in the honey show, and Admins idea of a forum honeyshow - Is this something that might fit neatly here?

I think that's a great idea - forum honey show - over 1000 entries if every member in 2010 - polyhive, national, wbc, commercial, tbh, warre and BeeHaus enters - more than the national honey show !!! we would have the makings of a great association !

I think that's a great idea - forum honey show - over 1000 entries if every member in 2010 - polyhive, national, wbc, commercial, tbh, warre and BeeHaus enters - more than the national honey show !!! we would have the makings of a great association !

I wonder if it would be possible to align it with the Slow Food movement in some way - maybe synchronise the show to be in one of the festivals...

Latest posts

Back