New angle on beecam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beewolf

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
10-30
In case anyone is interested, I have managed to get a cross section of a cell on the beecam - there is an egg in the cell so hopefully we will be able to watch it develop!

http://www.sysonby.com/beecam

wolf, I get:

"no plug-in available to display this content"

across both panels

My windows XP PC doesn't offer any help

Richard

I have been watching this for weeks!

Why do some bees look like they are doing a back stroke, or are they just walking on the camera lens?

:coolgleamA:

Wow = how did you manage to set this up!!!!! Love it. Never seen anything like this before. Well done.

Right now it looks like a bee has crawled into the lower cell and got stuck, every now and again you can see its antennae moving but its not making any effort to try and pull itself out again. Suddenly it lifts it head and I can only assume it is depositing a small amount of royal jelly each time before it reverses out and crawls back in again.

;)

CELL.JPG

Yes I think that the "motionless" bee is probably secreting royal jelly - the egg was actually laid at least 2 days ago so should hatch today at some point.

I can't get it to work on Chrome either!

In case anyone is interested, I have managed to get a cross section of a cell on the beecam - there is an egg in the cell so hopefully we will be able to watch it develop!

http://www.sysonby.com/beecam

Beewolf.....I see that one of the cam's has been down for a while but up and running now :).

Would it be possible for you to take a few pictures of how and where the web cam's are set up, I would love to see a behind the scenes view of it all. not worthy

:cool:

How do you manage to get a link on the forum advertsing your restaurant? Please let me know.

I have had 4 members report your post above.

22 posts to date and everyone causing the forum grief.

Your on thin ice......

The view has been returned to normal at the moment because the egg in the cross section cell hatched but then the larva disappeared - either died or the bees decided that cell wasn't suitable after all. The cross section cell is on a bit of brace comb against the glass and if another egg appears I will move the camera back as I would love to be able to show (and record) the metamorphosis.

One of these days I will do an article on the "behind the scenes" but as with all these things it doesn't look that pretty!

Thanks for your interest.

One of these days I will do an article on the "behind the scenes" but as with all these things it doesn't look that pretty!

Thanks for your interest.

OK, thank you for all your effort, keep up the good work. :)

Hi

just looked at the cam today and seen something very strange.

it looks like all the bees are on the verander enjoying the sunny weather and just a few bees inside keeping everything as cool as possible.

is anyone else having these probs with their bees or is it just that this particular hive where it has such a small enterance is overheating?

Yep 8.20pm and still outside, there not fanning, just been kicked out the hive so it dont get to hot in there.

This site gave me my bee fix all through winter and during my pneumonia. It is an awesome set up, and I would like to thank you.

At the moment, the inside view seems to be alternating between different colours....either the bees have been on something halucenogenic (sp?), or it's my browser haha :p

PS. I can't seem to find a spell checker so some big words my be spelt wrong. I apologise lol

kaz and you work in a school lol hope u dont teach english lol lol sorry.

i cant say anything i did my english gcse last year at 43.

if ever you want to check a spelling open up google in another tab on ur browser and type it in there and it will normally give u the correct spelling if its wrong.

kaz and you work in a school lol hope u dont teach english lol lol sorry.

i cant say anything i did my english gcse last year at 43.

if ever you want to check a spelling open up google in another tab on ur browser and type it in there and it will normally give u the correct spelling if its wrong.

I'm just a lowly parent volunteer lol. Thanks for the tip :)

I'm just a lowly parent volunteer lol. Thanks for the tip :)

there is no such thing as a lowly parent volunteer!!!!!

you help keep schools going and its wonderful what you do with the bees at your school. your a beacon to others.

im hoping that i can convince where i work that bees would be a good idea for the kids. i already do gardening and cooking with them as my job but would love to expand it to bees and chickens to.

Latest posts

Back