New angle on beecam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be warned, if group based it can be very stressful. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't have so many people being asked to tend the hive, I'd just take people who were interested in observing and taking part in inspections. It's kind of whittled down to just me and a teacher now with people being away so much or working and not available, even though warned that certain times of year it would be intensive. As I've immersed myself in the whole thing, they kind of rely on me now. When approached I was adamant I would not have anything to do with the actual bees, I'd just find the funding. I wonder what they'd have done now if I hadn't caught the bug as no one else seems to have done any research into looking after them or finding out how to tend them.

Thank you btw :)

np

who did u get to fund the bees? was it the council or local company or some charity.

im looking at siting them there when i do an AS next year as i know i will need an out as i already have 3 in my garden. i have most of the equipment just need a few supers and i know my head will be "whats it gona cost me". my intention will be they are my bees, my equipment, my insurance, your ground, but no one goes near without me.

I applied for a CASH grant from the local council, the same people I got a grant from for the Gardening Club. Not sure if it's a nation wide scheme, but it's for projects that benefit the community.

At the moment, the inside view seems to be alternating between different colours

PS. I can't seem to find a spell checker so some big words my be spelt wrong. I apologise lol

There is nothing wrong with your browser, the camera on the right seems to bee on the blink for some reason, might bee the heat?

If you are using Internet Explorer you can use this to spell check anything......... http://www.iespell.com/ ...it's free to!

;)

Thank you :)

I use firefox. Lots of people seem to be able to find a spell check, but I never seem to. Suppose it keeps me on my toes LOL

Why are they all on the landing board? Is it because it may be too warm with all the foragers back in the hive, and they are regualting temperature? I've never seen our bees this late in the evening so don't know what they get up to. I soooo want bees in my garden, it hurts lol.

Why are they all on the landing board? Is it because it may be too warm with all the foragers back in the hive, and they are regualting temperature? I've never seen our bees this late in the evening so don't know what they get up to. I soooo want bees in my garden, it hurts lol.

you never know it might just hurt lots lol lol lol

i have just been out to look at mine with a torch as its quite dark now and 2 of my hives there are no bees to be seen but 1 hive they are all still on the hive floor (its not even that big they have 5 frames of built comb and 6 frames of foundation).

Am I right in thinking drones can't feed themselves? Think I just saw a worker feeding one on the beecam.....had to get the family round the computer to watch - I so want a beecam :)

LOL. I'm still waiting on my first sting. Patiently waiting :eek:

me to. whats the best way to get it over and done with.

i wana know if im alergic lol lol

never been stung by anything.

I saw them all start fanning a while back. I'm with you Blue, could watch this stuff all day :) I might mither the school into putting a webcam in our hive....when we finally get some money :/

I've got to stop, got to get ready for work in the morning ....at school! Perhaps an assembly on bees lol!

me to. whats the best way to get it over and done with.

i wana know if im alergic lol lol

never been stung by anything.

I was thinking the same thing, I've never been stung either, but chickened out. To my mind i'll get stung eventually lol.....she said, a year later and nothing ;)

I've got to stop, got to get ready for work in the morning ....at school! Perhaps an assembly on bees lol!

:iamwithstupid:

bloody hell not another teacher:banghead:

wat is it about us school people why do we all keep bees. its not like we earn lots to pay for the equipment. well i dont anyway (unqualified instuctor here)

You teachers can all have a day off thursday, more holidays!!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back