NBU Random Apiary Survey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
0 - Now in beeless retirement!
The enclosed letter dropped through the electronic letter box today. It is a summary of the findings to date of the random survey of apiaries carried out over the last couple of years and which is due to finish later this year.

The actual results from my apiary will be available for me later this year but it is interesting that out of 10,000 apiaries visited AFB was only found in 24. This is a lot lower percentage than the bee inspectors find - because the bee inspectors know where to find AFB as there are more than a few repeat offenders. The figure for EFB was 112 for the same number of apiaries.

There are some interesting comments about Nosema - one or other type were in half the apiaries (the detail is missing but will emerge later I assume) and size of apiary and location are also factors - I also assume the larger the apiary the greater the risk but there is no further information on location - so far.

The enclosed letter dropped through the electronic letter box today. It is a summary of the findings to date of the random survey of apiaries carried out over the last couple of years and which is due to finish later this year.

The actual results from my apiary will be available for me later this year but it is interesting that out of 10,000 apiaries visited AFB was only found in 24. This is a lot lower percentage than the bee inspectors find - because the bee inspectors know where to find AFB as there are more than a few repeat offenders. The figure for EFB was 112 for the same number of apiaries.

There are some interesting comments about Nosema - one or other type were in half the apiaries (the detail is missing but will emerge later I assume) and size of apiary and location are also factors - I also assume the larger the apiary the greater the risk but there is no further information on location - so far.
My results will also be completed by the end of August :sifone:

I forgotton my log-in details looooooooooool
mine be ready a bit later den august lol

Does anyone agree with me that the typeface chosen by FERA for the communication is somewhat difficult to read with ease?

If I was cynical, I would say that someone has really done their homework on that one, but whether the typeface will be used to deliver bad news (few will dig deep in a long document as it will be tedious with the typeface) and an alternative more readable for issues that they want to promote.

Does anyone agree with me that the typeface chosen by FERA for the communication is somewhat difficult to read with ease?

If I was cynical, I would say that someone has really done their homework on that one, but whether the typeface will be used to deliver bad news (few will dig deep in a long document as it will be tedious with the typeface) and an alternative more readable for issues that they want to promote.

oppen thi een lad :rofl:

John Wilkinson

I found it quite clear, and that from a ex-bookworm who now struggles with a lot of typefaces.

That said, I do tend to blow things up quite big on screen. Poor old bugger!

Latest posts

Back