National honey monitoring scheme

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive had a look and I can't see mine has been archived, it says sugar sample complete and incomplete sample pack which hasn't been sent out.
Does this mean theres a chance I will get my pollen chart??

I expect if you don't see an email this week then you may be one of the fortunate ones to get the results next year.

I got the results from one of mine. The other 2 apiaries were not tested for pollen.

I got the results from one of mine. The other 2 apiaries were not tested for pollen.
Mine confirms that our highest apiary managed to get to the rape considering it was 4 miles away... It was a lovely spring last year

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525_131232_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525_131232_com.android.chrome.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 17
Mine was a July sample, no OSR at all around here last year except the odd roadside weed. The honey came out as mostly bramble and white clover, plus various wild and garden flowers/tree flowers, but also with, intriguingly, a dash of Java plum or jambolan, and also caylusea abyssinica, a native of East Africa. Evidently my bees went on holiday even if the rest of the country was in lockdown!

Has anyone else received there results today I've put mine on my blog. :)
Yes, I did today too. Four brassicas made up 85% of my samples, turnip (pres OSR), cabbage, mustard and one unnamed. The other 18 taxa included Magnolia, Berberis, Cherry laurel, Sycamore, Ceanothus, Wallflower and Wood forget-me-not. Busy little bees!

Yes, I did today too. Four brassicas made up 85% of my samples, turnip (pres OSR), cabbage, mustard and one unnamed. The other 18 taxa included Magnolia, Berberis, Cherry laurel, Sycamore, Ceanothus, Wallflower and Wood forget-me-not. Busy little bees!
Im going take a July sample this year three tubes to fill one for pesticides this time.
I found it interesting that there was eucalyptus in mine.
Since last year some one has bought a property close by and stripp

Eucalyptus was the one I was surprised about, I now realise that there is 1 big eucalyptus tree locally behind the apiary where I took the sample :unsure:.
I've got my sample pack for my july/August sample I want to see what this might be I've had this sort of honey in August before.

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_182839.jpg
    IMG_20200813_182839.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Im going take a July sample this year three tubes to fill one for pesticides this time.
I found it interesting that there was eucalyptus in mine.
Since last year some one has bought a property close by and stripp

Eucalyptus was the one I was surprised about, I now realise that there is 1 big eucalyptus tree locally behind the apiary where I took the sample :unsure:.
I've got my sample pack for my july/August sample I want to see what this might be I've had this sort of honey in August before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_cordata
And a Tasmanian one to boot.:D A little bit of Tassie in your apiary...

There’s a CD that goes with the book - used it to help identify the pollen in my honey. Here’s pollen from my honey at home - heather, thistle, rosebay willow herb, and balsam. Beautiful to see under the microscope
Brilliant, I love those photographs

Latest posts

Back