Nail Gun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMH

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Guess it was only a matter of time.

2000 frames in...I blame watching the test match at the same time. got lucky with the angle

ouch!!!
14c245e9d89381d35c554d7f6ab5ceea.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

ouch. been close a few times myself this winter. mine is due to doing frames outside in the cold with no gloves.

Good shot. A bit deeper than mine this morning 12mm staple into 10mm frame. Top tip don’t support with your hand at the back or 2mm goes into finger. Better still use correct size staples, picking some up tomorrow

Ah, thats nothing, ive needed pliers a few times when ive slipped with a brad push and sunk them full depth into my palm. That one only winged you lol

Ah, thats nothing, ive needed pliers a few times when ive slipped with a brad push and sunk them full depth into my palm. That one only winged you lol
Agreed. Got lucky with the angle. Just slipped beneath the skin. Still took a while to pull it out!

Ouch. that must have really hurt!

ahhhh thats nothing you should see the pic of my brothers foot with a fishing gaff in the bottom and out the top, stuck out on Durban harbour pier at time....mind you hes was the idiot that left the cork of the pointy end

ahhhh thats nothing you should see the pic of my brothers foot with a fishing gaff in the bottom and out the top, stuck out on Durban harbour pier at time....mind you hes was the idiot that left the cork of the pointy end
You cant recount a non beekeeping story.

That's not fair ;)

Ouch.. you where lucky there..just as well you where not using a Paslode firing 75mm ring nails..

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2: funny that there bloody dangerous, I've had one going straight through my finger holding two bits of tile batton together I've not used one since.
I would rather smack my thumb with a hammer hammering nails in..

Maybe we should have a, who has damaged themselves the worst by a power tool thread?..

I could start, 9 inch angle grinder with a cutting disk, caught my forearm and cut a groove right through skin & muscle and two thirds of the bone.

Last edited:
It's when you get it below your nail that it makes you wince a little!!!!!

Maybe we should have a, who has damaged themselves the worst by a power tool thread?..

I could start, 9 inch angle grinder with a cutting disk, caught my forearm and cut a groove right through skin & muscle and two thirds of the bone.

picture please :not worthy::puke:

That's a scar of when I came within a few mm of chopping my index finger straight off with a mitre saw.

my injuries do seem rather lame in comparison to some on here! not complaining...
232e6acb92074af64964aab02262b13e.jpg

I bet that smarted a bit , no pictures please I'm eating supper .
Does almost cutting your left thumb of with a log splitter count, it was held on by the smallest amount of skin. This was a Tractor mounted splitter of the three point linkage , it weighed 35kgs.
Four pins later to hold it together. It's stronger than ever .
Sorry maybe way of topic!!

I made the mistake of using someone else's tool and not my own, the guard slipped round exposing the disk which caught my arm. I can still feel the groove.

Ohh i saw a wicked one with a 12" grinder, when running a paint team in an italian shipyard, a little kick from the hull and the grinder caught his t-shirt and pulled the thing flat into his chest. A perfect half inch deep 12" semicircle cut out of his chest. Couldnt hold him still enough to get a picture, shame really.

30 mins in the X-ray dept will prove to all just how safely we all work + give you an insight into just how people fail to asses the risks until it's too late!

My last time in, there were two old chaps with suspected fractures recounting the particular experience that had got them lined up in the que;

"well, I felt the ladder starting to slide & managed to throw the chainsaw so it didn't hit the wife before I landed on her"!

"Well, you see my son & his mate left the railway sleepers leaning on the wall yesterday. I thought I'd try and move one for them but when they all started to slip I put me leg out to steady them & ….."

The porter then wheeled him into the X-ray room, using the protruding leg to open the swing door! :eek:

Back