MIssing Posts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Anybody seeing posts go missing?
The last four posts from the chalk brood thread have disappeared.
Also can you check your most recent posting history to see if it's right. Thanks

Yep, I posted a question in the beginners section and its not there.

Don't know really. It was offline but I was busy elsewhere. The next time I looked it was OK
it was offline for most of the morning, came back online for a while them went offline again - I have noticed that a few of the posts in the chalkbrood/EFB thread have disappeared.

Smilar outages here although I did not that some of the postings had disappeared. Just a page not available notification.

Anybody seeing posts go missing?
The last four posts from the chalk brood thread have disappeared.
Also can you check your most recent posting history to see if it's right. Thanks
Is it related to funding appeals by any chance? Also out of the blue I've had a password reset required 🤔

Is it related to funding appeals by any chance? Also out of the blue I've had a password reset required 🤔
This from admin

Tech installed two addons
- The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years (They will need to make a new password to login).
- The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. (And you will need to make a new password.)
The compromised passwords come from a data breached list and not from a breach on this forum.

This is only activated when logging in.

This from admin

Tech installed two addons
- The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years (They will need to make a new password to login).
- The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. (And you will need to make a new password.)
The compromised passwords come from a data breached list and not from a breach on this forum.

This is only activated when logging in.
Where then, was the data breached list, if not on the forum? I don’t understand…..

Perhaps @JamezF can help?

There are websites that list email addresses and their associated passwords/personal data that have been exposed on the Internet over quite a few years now. There are also lists of passwords compiled from lists published after hacks that are specifically provided for testing against. I'd guess they're comparing with one or more of those. One example site is https://haveibeenpwned.com/ which I think goes back ten years or so.

James

Where then, was the data breached list, if not on the forum? I don’t understand…..
The data breaches were in other places but apparently there is a list of them that our passwords are being compared to since hackers and such can get to them. So to make sure they cannot use a member account to login and cause issues, the passwords are being changed if the s/w can tell member password showed in that list.
We do not see your passwords.
We are being safe in a proactive way.

I’ve no idea but if you google data breach lists it seems lots of organisations have lists.
Perhaps @JamezF can help?
I thought I'd successfully changed password yesterday and I regained access, but this morning I was unable to get into the forum again. Simultaneously while not logged in every page was cluttered with Google ads. After a number of attempts to log in I tried the forgotten password option and set up yet another password. Whether this will be remembered automatically I've no idea but let's see. Us oldies tend to have low tolerance of irritations. 🤔

The data breaches were in other places but apparently there is a list of them that our passwords are being compared to since hackers and such can get to them. So to make sure they cannot use a member account to login and cause issues, the passwords are being changed if the s/w can tell member password showed in that list.
We do not see your passwords.
We are being safe in a proactive way.
Checking my personal forum details I chanced across the function "connected accounts" this turned out to be Facebook and Google. I'm not clued up on the finer nuances of allowing log ins from those sources but at first glance it appeared to blow a huge hole in any security restrictions? Am I missing something?

After a number of attempts to log in I tried the forgotten password option and set up yet another password. Whether this will be remembered automatically I've no idea but let's see. Us oldies tend to have low tolerance of irritations.
Quite.
The number of times I’ve had to change my Apple id!

Checking my personal forum details I chanced across the function "connected accounts" this turned out to be Facebook and Google. I'm not clued up on the finer nuances of allowing log ins from those sources but at first glance it appeared to blow a huge hole in any security restrictions? Am I missing something?
Can’t help. Don’t use Facebook or Google to log into anything else even if browser suggests I can.
The option is there on my account too

Latest posts

Back