Greener bottle co south jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sutty

From Glossop, North Derbyshire, UK
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 to 12!
Sadly I don't mean more environmentally friendly!
A few weeks ago I bought a batch of 12oz hex jars from The Bottle Company South.
I came to use a box yesterday and discovered they now have a distinct greenish tint compared to previous batches.
Hopefully they will still look ok once filled as I have 336 of them!
Photo shows new batch on left compared with the last batch.

Attachments

• DSC_0152.JPG
    DSC_0152.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
A few weeks ago I bought a batch of 12oz hex jars from The Bottle Company South.
I came to use a box yesterday and discovered they now have a distinct greenish tint compared to previous batches.
Your pun probably hit the mark - jars/bottles made with recycled glass usually have a greenish hue, I remember bulk buying from Patteson's before they were bought out and their prices went through the roof and their jars always had a faint green tinge, I remember a honey judge once staying behind after judging to ask me if I knew what my bees were foraging to give my honey that greenish tinge!! I didn't have the heart to tell him it was the glass - not after he gave me a first and a special for my commercial entry!!

Latest posts

Back