Midsomer Murders.....I will be suing!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swn58

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Less than 1.....more than 20!
My life entirely. BIGGGGG house.....staggeringly rich......totally bee obsessed......and a fan of Dr Phibes! Okay, maybe only one of those statements are true :devilish:

I only saw the last five minutes. If they were typical it was rubbish.

I only saw the last five minutes. If they were typical it was rubbish.
You didn't miss anything - all rubbish from beekeeping point of view and from unlikely serial murders point of view. I should think the format has had its day an d this will be the last series. I hope.

I'm surprised there's anyone left in "Midsomer". Who would stay there when half of the population gets slaughtered every year? ;)

Aren’t there lots of different Midsomers?
Really? I thought it was the name of the village. Why would there be lots of villages with the same name?

I think I may have seen three episodes in total, so maybe missed something.

I'm surprised there's anyone left in "Midsomer". Who would stay there when half of the population gets slaughtered every year? ;)
I live in Haddenham, a village that has appeared in many Midsommer Murders. Every summer we have a procession of coaches doing the Midsommer Tour often filled with Germans who like the series.
A member of the film crew asked an irrascible old landlord in my local what he thought of trade that the series brought to the village.
Reply 'You keep killing off my regulars!!!' We laughed, the chaps from the film crew did not appear to understand.

Aren’t there lots of different Midsomers?
Dani Midsomer is the fictional County.
Filming an episode in the village a few years ago my wife had a phone call from the production team.
I was area swarm officer at the time and out collecting a swarm. Knowing the filming was going on that evening SWMBO thought it was a friend on a 'wind up Brian call'
Firstly she told him to B***** Off. The gentleman replied giving his name and assured her he was genuine.
I returned home and returned his phone call.
They wished to film the final scene on Boarstal Tower. This is what remains of a medieval Manor and is the fortified gtehouse.
The building is a dwelling and in a disued chimney that was part of a high tower there was a bees nest. The flightline was directly over the tower on which a camera crew would be placed. Could I remove it?
There was a second nest in the tower wall midway up between the bottom of the moat, with mud and water, and the top of the tower. About 40 feet above the moat and the same distance from the top.
I liaised with the warden who lived in the building and made arranements to deal with the bees in the chimney. 5 floors up an increasinlgly narrow spiral staircase with steps getting smaller the higher you climbed.
I told them not to worry about the nest 40 feet below the camera crew's perch.
I stood with Jim my friend on top of the Tower thinking what a load of fuss!!!
Under 2 minutes of the program was filmed up there. They paid me £20 for my efforts and 3 X20 mile return trips.
My neighbour recieved extra £300 for an extra hour of a film crane in his yard.
Filming a different episode they used a friends garage, which I had recently re-roofed to store a motor bike and then paid his wife more for the crew to have access to their loo.

I'll have you all know that there have been no murders in Midsomer Norton. There was a body found in a freezer in a neighbouring village though but I can't remember the story. I gather the original author of the stories was driving through Midsomer Norton and liked the name. Most of the other place names, in the early days, were also from round here. I gave up watching years ago.
It is useful when giving my address that I just have to say "as in the murders..."

My wife and I enjoyed this series. I would ask, "want to watch some rich people die?" I loved that the show to an American seems like the class-war going in the right direction.

The beekeeping was "Sh***", but is not usually in all programs. My writer friends do some research and will send their stories to someone who has at least a passing knowledge on a subject or subculture they a portraying on the program.

I love the insanely rich and mad about beekeeping. It reminded me of the question, how do you make a small fortune in beekeeping? The answer is to start with a large fortune.

Back