Mean green queen saga continues

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May well be a stupid question....I've not really looked into this subject as I prefer the easy route of buying in good quality queens. But if one grafts larvae could one at the same time add an extra dollop of royal jelly collected from other QC? Or does it need to be continually fed.

The diet changes throughout the life of a larva. You would need to make sure the royal jelly came from larvae that were less than 2 days old or other queen cells.

The diet changes throughout the life of a larva. You would need to make sure the royal jelly came from larvae that were less than 2 days old or other queen cells.

Yep, Hooper used royal jelly from torn down queen cells.
I like this reading lark, if you do it enough some of it stays there, despite my age :)

Good morning obee1.
Can you answer some questions?
1. In April, did you have risers on? What happened to them?
2. Do you run the colonies with a double nest system?
3. Was the division complete (separation into two colonies, one with the old queen and the other with a daughter) or fictitious to bring the two parts back together?
4. When you introduced the new queen, how did you slide it?

It's possibly a touch late to be attempting to answer a question asked more than seven years ago when the OP hasn't actually been on the site since 2017.

James

Good morning obee1.
Can you answer some questions?
1. In April, did you have risers on? What happened to them?
2. Do you run the colonies with a double nest system?
3. Was the division complete (separation into two colonies, one with the old queen and the other with a daughter) or fictitious to bring the two parts back together?
4. When you introduced the new queen, how did you slide it?
Click on the members name ... shows you when the member was last seen on the site.

It's possibly a touch late to be attempting to answer a question asked more than seven years ago when the OP hasn't actually been on the site since 2017.

James
Oops, I didn't know that the user is no longer part of the community. I hadn't even noticed the publication date.

Latest posts

Back