Mated Queen introduction?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger55

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have been chatting with another fellow beekeeper about introducing mated Queens, I add my Queens as soon as I make up a weak nuc.
So I am wondering how others here introduce mated queens ....đź‘Ť

In an introduction cage
leave helper workers in and break of fondant tab
check out and laying 24 hours later.
KISS

Chons da

I have three 2019 Queens due on Friday..I have seven colonies to take frames from..so what I will be doing is giving the nucs two frames of brood and stores and filling the space with drawn foundation..add the Queen in the introduction cage after a cuppa with the release tab removed and feed them a bit of 2:1 syrup..I did five like that last year and it worked a treat.

This year I've been taking out the resident queen and putting a laying queen only a few mins out of her own colony straight onto the frames 14 out of 14 so far.

This year I've been taking out the resident queen and putting a laying queen only a few mins out of her own colony straight onto the frames 14 out of 14 so far.

My favorite method, lost one out of 190 last season, no direct intro losses so far this season... better success rate than caging the queens.

Latest posts

Back