market stall gazebo

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Looks like I will be doing a few market stalls over the coming months. Can anyone recommend a supplier of a waterproof gazebo?

I would suggest you opt for a pop-up gazebo. It is easier to put up and put down than a cheaper sectional pole type.

We find that wind is more of a problem than rain. One stronger gust and the gazebo is in the next field. The guy ropes and pegs do not help. One solution is to stand a foot in a plastic bucket, tie the leg to the handle and fill the bucket with ballast.

T""sco's recently had a half price sale of a pop-up without sides. It is a good strong version but God help you in getting it back into the case.

I have spoken to a few that have bought cheap ones but they warned against them as they didn't last. I borrowed one last time it was so supposed to be waterproof but it didn't hold up even in light rain. I don't mind paying a bit more for something that someone has used and recommends

One solution is to stand a foot in a plastic bucket, tie the leg to the handle and fill the bucket with ballast.
Use 20 ltr plastic containers and tie the guy ropes to them.
Fill the containers with water when you get on site so you arent carrying all that weight around in the car.

I don't have one, but have looked into them.

The cheapies (£20?) need a team to put up and take down. "Pop-ups" are a step up in price. Aldi had a pop-up for about £60, which was cheap for what it was.

Best advice is probably to watch out for end-of-season sales. Talking of which B&Q have a 'clearance event' starting today (with different stock likely to be found in different branches, so, if you are passing …)

And as a really weird one, next Monday Lidl will be offering a set of three folding tables (each 1m x 60cm) "use individually or combined" for £39. (Looks like they clip together after folding for storage/transport.)

I have today received my gazebo's from the place recommended by erichalfbee and am so far pleased.

beige as it will match the signs I have already

Latest posts

Back