Make yourself known please...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoseCottage

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
From 5 to 2 and hopefully a better year
Hi all,
I have been reading through the threads after a few days away and just thought It may be useful to ask those who still have mated queens for sale to make themselves known. There has been the odd comment about none this time of year which I doubt...

For those who maybe struggling with a q- colony and worrying about lack of drones, mating time, etc a short list may help.

I will start by suggesting that Hivemaker may have some...

All the best,
Sam

OK... I'll suggest Norton's got some!

Especially anyone in Ireland :rolleyes:

JD

May be easier if those that want queens and those that have them for sale just post in the "bees for sale / wanted" section.

I have several mated queens, but they are in 5 frame Nucs
Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be easier if those that want queens and those that have them for sale just post in the "bees for sale / wanted" section.

No commercial advertising allowed by members. However we often see members directed towards companies that have nothing at all to do with the forum. Most commercial beekeepers have a lot to offer in the way of advice due to their experience and this is freely given to the forum and adds to making the forum attractive to less experienced beekeepers.
When did Thornes or any other beekeeping company come on here and offer advice? It is not just about the running costs of the forum - knowledge is usually worth more than money.
It is also not just about queens, there are others that produce hardware and are not allowed to inform other members about it.

No commercial advertising allowed by members. However we often see members directed towards companies that have nothing at all to do with the forum. Most commercial beekeepers have a lot to offer in the way of advice due to their experience and this is freely given to the forum and adds to making the forum attractive to less experienced beekeepers.
When did Th**nes or any other beekeeping company come on here and offer advice? It is not just about the running costs of the forum - knowledge is usually worth more than money.
It is also not just about queens, there are others that produce hardware and are not allowed to inform other members about it.

Fair point. But you can still PM someone who posts "I want a queen".

Well go on then, I have 3 14 x 12 nucs all with laying queens that I may unite in the next week or so which will mean I have a surplus queen or nuc. PM me for a chat.
Pete D

Last edited:
So... does someone else need to post in the "Nucs for sale" section that I have 2 x nucs left for sale?

No because I havent, I just responded to the question........ and if anybody local was desperate for a queen or nuc and wanted a chat then they could pm me. I wasnt advertising 'commercially'.
Quite happy to keep what I have and see them through winter, I havent united anything so nothing spare.
Hey I wasnt even considering selling, I have had plenty of advice and help in my first year ...... and if I can repay some of that by helping someone out even if it means uniting and freeing up a queen then so be it.
Just being friendly and offering to help if I can, I am nice like that. (See previous posts of offers of loan frames / apiary tours to newbee's etc)
It may be I need your help one day and you care to return the favour etc.

Pete D

Just being friendly and offering to help if I can, I am nice like that. (See previous posts of offers of loan frames / apiary tours to newbee's etc)

Which (IMHO) is just as it should be.
Though clearly there are those that disagree.

Itma, "I am nice like that." :iagree: :D

I will need a new queen next year... but will deal with that then!

Hivemaker has discussed queen rearing info with me before and we have talked about how he mates them through artificial insemination. Very interesting stuff. PM him and I am almost certain he can help you and if he cant he will know someone who can. Sadly due to his name being bandied round so much I would imagine its almost impossible for him to comment lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back