Maisie's Poly sale.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight on
25299217_1539343142825200_6378936309513026563_n.jpg
awesome

Thanks for that. very helpful indeed

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Very useful to know as they aren't producing their own brood bodies
I spoke to them in length this morning and they are planning on producing brood and supers once they can muster the funding for the tooling.

They are not cheap, some £20k a mould I believe.

PH
Yes. Need to make sure you are comfortable with your design hey?

Reckon there is a crunch coming...... too many new moulds in too small a market. Back the wrong horse and you will end up with a set of boxes not compatible with what survives in the marketplace.

British disease again........failure to settle on a single design and too keen to accommodate the individualistic desires of UK beekeepers.

FWIW...I think they are ALL good boxes.................just too many variants, thus too small a market and the mould cost amortised away over relatively few units. Equals high prices.

Reckon there is a crunch coming...... too many new moulds in too small a market. Back the wrong horse and you will end up with a set of boxes not compatible with what survives in the marketplace.

British disease again........failure to settle on a single design and too keen to accommodate the individualistic desires of UK beekeepers.

FWIW...I think they are ALL good boxes.................just too many variants, thus too small a market and the mould cost amortised away over relatively few units. Equals high prices.

Bullseye.

And if beekeeping gets hit during the next recession - which it will - new equipment purchases are the first and easiest way of reducing operating costs . Short term thinking I know but you can't spend money you don't have without going into debt..(See Carillion)

And no 14x12 :(

But again the maismore 14x12 eke will work fine.
You'd need to extend the divider to still use them as a twin 3 frame but no issues as a 6frame.

Ach, I like the progression. The anticipation I felt when I first saw the design of the now paynes model posted by a guy called William (iirc, who was a little ambitious in his business plan )came good when the boxes became available and made increase on national equipment easier and more affordable. The maisies top feeder and narrower design without the side feeder is an improvement imho and now the 2 in 1 with an entrance either end and a divider looks like a very cost effective and efficient way to get queens mated on standard frames. What's not to like? (Bar the cost, still reasonable though compared to a cedar nuc)

Heard something about this on the radio earlier on, sounds like it could be quite serious.

Magic money tree will pop up again if our lords and masters stand to lose out if it doesn't, no worries.

.....but this is compatible with maisie's?? See #20 (post 20), or have I misread something?

Maisemore + BS Honey polynucs are compatible.

Neither of them are compatible with Paynes.

What's not to like?

Making the bloody entrance an open goal for mice. The older designs had an 8mm mouse proof entrance ..........simple eh?

then there is the daft design with the scalloped front making pinning on a basic mouse guard difficult to say the least and dont even start me on the flighting board floors...........bloody waste of space.

PH

flighting board floors...........bloody waste of space.

PH

Genuine question PH but what are these?

Likely another daft question - is the use of supers with poly nucs widespread? Personally when a nuc colony is strong enough to store excess honey I want them in a full size hive drawing the last 4 frames of foundation.

Latest posts

Back