Long life battery

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enrico

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
i know this is nothing to do with anything but I just found a watch I bought in the 1980’s with a battery in it.the strap broke x years ago so I put it in a draw and never thought about it again till I just unearthed it now....... It is still going! Is this a record?
E

I have an old 1940s alarm clock... never replaced the battery and it is STILL giving the correct time to the second twice a day!

Yeghes da

I have an old 1940s alarm clock... never replaced the battery and it is STILL giving the correct time to the second twice a day!

Yeghes da

I have an old 1940s heart and it still beats.

I've got a little personal DAB radio that eats two AAA Batteries in 4 hours .... rechargeables only last 2 hours ... as my work shift is 8 hours long ... I work half an hour a day just to pay for the batteries !!

I've got a little personal DAB radio that eats two AAA Batteries in 4 hours .... rechargeables only last 2 hours ... as my work shift is 8 hours long ... I work half an hour a day just to pay for the batteries !!

4 AAA batteries (alkaline JCB) cost £1.49 in Home Bargains (or is it B&M?).

So your hourly rate is .. err about 1/4 of the Minimum Wage or you are buying very expensive batteries..

Shall we organise a collection? :)

Bought a new Nissan Cherry and scrapped it after 14 years use still with the original battery. Bought a new Citroen C3 Picasso had to replace battery after 2 yrs. They don't make them like they used to!!!
Mike

4 AAA batteries (alkaline JCB) cost £1.49 in Home Bargains (or is it B&M?).

So your hourly rate is .. err about 1/4 of the Minimum Wage or you are buying very expensive batteries..

Shall we organise a collection? :)

Yeh ... I tried them .. and the Polaroid brand at the same price ... they actually lasted less time than the rechargeables !

I've resorted to Duracell from B & M Bargains ... they are a bit more expensive but actually last better than any of them .. I wouldn't mind but in the building I work in I can't even get DAB radio ... and I'm limited to Classic FM, Radio 4 and Radio Solent in FM .....

Can't you get a low voltage transformer and just wire it into the battery terminals? I used to do it with a 12v radio when I worked abroad and couldn't get batteries and it worked fine!
E

Can't you get a low voltage transformer and just wire it into the battery terminals? I used to do it with a 12v radio when I worked abroad and couldn't get batteries and it worked fine!
E

Ever heard of ac/dc? I suspect most current (no pun intended) radios would not be so forgiving of being fed with ac from a transformer when they were designed to be supplied with dc.

Ever heard of ac/dc? I suspect most current (no pun intended) radios would not be so forgiving of being fed with ac from a transformer when they were designed to be supplied with dc.

:winner1st:not worthy

Bought a new Nissan Cherry and scrapped it after 14 years use still with the original battery. Bought a new Citroen C3 Picasso had to replace battery after 2 yrs. They don't make them like they used to!!!
Mike

Had my C3 Picasso nearly four years and still has the same battery, Mike.

Latest posts

Back