• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

London - Nucs wanted for early 2013

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustergrimes

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi

I'm based in East London and I'm hoping to get up to 10 nucs of for spring 2013 - preferably as early as possible. They would need to be placid bees as they're for my friends gardens.

I'm also open to the possibility of buying complete colonies depending on the price and the nature of the bees...

If anyone can help, please get in touch by private message.

Thanks.

Okay, thanks. Please forget my comment about private messaging. That isn't important to me - getting some bees is.

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Try joining in with some of the other topics, after all a forum is a place to natter a bit. Maybe contact your local BKA too?

what part of london are you in to have a garden large enough to have ten hives...i j have ten hives in an area the size of two tennis pitches on the edge of a farm....it must be a big garden for 10 hives, i woud suggest at least 200ft from hives to biulding in case of queen-less followers

I have a contact who has 15 overwintering Nucs on DN1s that will be for sale, but he would need to know why you want 10 and what is you experience in looking after bees

Neither he nor I would sell an inexperianced beekeeper 10 nuc to look after, no matter how much you paid us, i have only a few 14x12 Nuc but they are earmarked if they overwinter, Both mine and his are normally first offered to members of our BKA. i personally only dispose of Bees to members of a BKA and who have ipublic liabilty insurance and will register them on BEEBASE

Last edited:
...stuff...

He said for his mates gardens.... so presumably he is distributing them about - to cover your space question.

That doesn't cover any of your other valid points...........

Last edited:
He said for his mates gardens.... so presumably he is distributing them about - to cover your space question.

That doesn't cover any of your other valid points...........

Thanks I didn't spot the plural...always have trouble with that as my local village dialect in Herts/Beds boarder did not have many pulrals..one sheep : two sheep, one dear; two dear one cow: two cow, one dog: two dog, possibly as it was on the old Danelaw boundary according to local historians...i always thought it was because they were all inbred as most of the kids had the same surnames

what part of london are you in to have a garden large enough to have ten hives...i j have ten hives in an area the size of two tennis pitches on the edge of a farm....it must be a big garden for 10 hives, i woud suggest at least 200ft from hives to biulding in case of queen-less followers

I have a contact who has 15 overwintering Nucs on DN1s that will be for sale, but he would need to know why you want 10 and what is you experience in looking after bees

Neither he nor I would sell an inexperianced beekeeper 10 nuc to look after, no matter how much you paid us, i have only a few 14x12 Nuc but they are earmarked if they overwinter, Both mine and his are normally first offered to members of our BKA. i personally only dispose of Bees to members of a BKA and who have ipublic liabilty insurance and will register them on BEEBASE

You might need reassurances before you sell but I'm sure someone will jump at the chance

@BeeJoyful - I'll take your advice and join a few other threads thanks. I'm already in contact with the LBKA and another 2 local clubs - hopefully a friend there can eventually supply some nucs, but I thought I'd try here too.

@MuswellMetro - I've done two beekeeping courses and worked as a beekeeper in New Zealand for the best part of (their) last season. The bees are indeed for my friends gardens plural, and at the moment there's only 3 of them that are definite, so that would reduce my need down to 6 nucs (I want to put 2 hives in each garden).

I don't know if I've said something out of turn, but I can assure you that the bees well being is paramount to me. I quit my job and worked 7 days a week for a pittance trying to learn beekeeping skills and now some good friends want to share in my new passion. They don't have the time or the inclination to become beekeepers, so they've asked me to help them out.

I'm a member of the BBKA, the LBKA and already have liability insurance for 10 colonies.

@Drew - Hopefully the above covers all of the valid points made by MuswellMetro

@Generalbelgrano - Thanks for that. I'll take a look and reply now.

@Easy Beesy - You were right, I've had a few offers so far already, thanks.

And finally apologies for the delayed replies everyone. I thought I'd get an email notifying me of any activity on this thread, but alas not. I'll make sure I check in more often from now on.

Cheers.

Dunno mate - they are MMs points not mine.

I think you can "subscribe" to threads to get notifications of responses to threads........ via instant emails, daily or even weekly emails.

Done it. Thanks for that. It was a bit too well hidden for a newbee like me ;)

Nuc Reply

Hi Buster,

Please see message sent to you regarding your request.

Kind Regards

@BeeJoyful - I'll take your advice and join a few other threads thanks. I'm already in contact with the LBKA and another 2 local clubs - hopefully a friend there can eventually supply some nucs, but I thought I'd try here too.

@MuswellMetro - I've done two beekeeping courses and worked as a beekeeper in New Zealand for the best part of (their) last season. The bees are indeed for my friends gardens plural, and at the moment there's only 3 of them that are definite, so that would reduce my need down to 6 nucs (I want to put 2 hives in each garden).

I don't know if I've said something out of turn, but I can assure you that the bees well being is paramount to me. I quit my job and worked 7 days a week for a pittance trying to learn beekeeping skills and now some good friends want to share in my new passion. They don't have the time or the inclination to become beekeepers, so they've asked me to help them out.

I'm a member of the BBKA, the LBKA and already have liability insurance for 10 colonies.

@Generalbelgrano - Thanks for that. I'll take a look and reply now.

@Easy Beesy - You were right, I've had a few offers so far already, thanks.

And finally apologies for the delayed replies everyone. I thought I'd get an email notifying me of any activity on this thread, but alas not. I'll make sure I check in more often from now on.

Cheers.

I'll talk to my friend, nothing you said was out of tuen, just me worrying about "our little Girls"

Last edited:
I hope you have now found another job cos you sure ain't going to survive on 6 colonies, but then you know that after working in NZ for a season.

Latest posts

Back