Let's spread the news

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...you got some./Big Grin/ Well done.
Did you get to hear the night-jars? Or see the Dartford Warblers?
Last year the drought led to nine drops of nothing - though I didn't need to feed in the autumn - but this year has been good: OSR was productive, splits ditto, lime and now bell heather.

Had a good roast dinner tonight and in the morning I'm off to look at the ling. Ross Rounds ready to go on.

Will try and make time for a night jar soon. Any tips?

Blimey, Neil, what a coincidence!

She's doing well for 88, all things considered (11 pills a day, creaks and aches, foggy memory, giving up driving, losing the plot of Midsomer Murders). Memory is dodgiest: seems surprised every time I tell her about the bees, despite having eaten their honey for fifteen years. Daily Mail and tea keep her going.

Tried once to give her pure borage honey, but she was having none of it. 'Take it away, that's not honey!'. We had an amusing yes-it-is-no-it-isn't and I took it away (always on a loser with my Polish mum; she survived a Russian labour camp at 10 and is made of stern stuff). You'll gather she likes flavour; I'm going to try her on Surrey heather.

Not Archangel by any chance?

You have to be careful which area of common land you do that - especially after dark!!

Perhaps the natives in your part of the country mistake the waving white hanky for something more ovine?
:)

Last edited:
Well if they start burning cottages up there again we have the culprit:sifone::sifone:

"Up there"? ? ?

I might question you geographic knowledge in further depth, if there wasn't the odds on chance of a ban!
:leaving:

The English Honey comments did make me chuckle!

It's no wonder our Celtic friends get a bit tetchy with the English, there seems to be a tendency for a lot of English to refer to the British Isles as 'England' or English.
I used to be involved with a Breed club where the original breed came from Malaysia but as often happens countries change the breeds appearance, it used to drive me mad when they referred to English type rather than British or UK.

Were all in it together unless you specifically meant English Honey with the exclusion of Welsh and Scottish?

Latest posts

Back