Learner Drivers to be alowed on the Motorways?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they've made an operating system that doesn't need switching off and back on again then they can get it going on my computer first before letting it run on the roads.

I completely understand your doubts. I have mine too. It was the thoughtlessness of these guys that made me see things differently.
I'd rather have a system that stops the car when something goes wrong than one where a driver gets drunk and kills innocent people

I completely understand your doubts. I have mine too. It was the thoughtlessness of these guys that made me see things differently.
I'd rather have a system that stops the car when something goes wrong than one where a driver gets drunk and kills innocent people

Beam me aboard Scotty

lycra clad road menaces.
Whoever said a cars horn is not an effective weapon was totally wrong...applied at the right time it can cause lots of non lethal chaos :)

Well, actually, Beefriendly, The Highway Code makes it quite plain:

Rule 112
The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence.

But they appear to be totally oblivious to our presence, how else do we let the idiots know we would like to use the road too, shoot them?

:beatdeadhorse5:
After all; :facts:
The car driver pays road fund license & insurance.
The cyclist pays nothing!

But they appear to be totally oblivious to our presence, how else do we let the idiots know we would like to use the road too, shoot them?

:beatdeadhorse5:
After all; :facts:
The car driver pays road fund license & insurance.
The cyclist pays nothing!

That is quite different from Beefriendly's stated intention, MartinL. That would be it's correct use, if they had shown no awareness of your presence.

However, many motorists don't slow down long enough to give cyclists a chance to move across, but will be on their offside almost as soon as they have come across them.

Off topic but I've noticed a few things of late as I drive around the Costa del Fareham ...

1> New top of the range Audi Drivers have been given a dispensation in the latest Highway Code - they no longer need to obey ANY speed limits. (These drivers have now usurped the new BMW drivers who seem to have moved on to the Audi brand).

2> Amber is the new Green and Red is the new Amber. (Particularly if you are driving a small hatchback or an elderly Subaru Impreza and you are below 25 years old).

3> Mums in Chelsea tractors with 2 or more kids in the back are exempt from any sort of signalling requirements and the rules about mobile phone usage in cars.

4> Disabled spaces and Parent and Child spaces in Asda, Aldi and Lidl car parks are only designated as such when they are occupied by an appropriate vehicle. The rest of the time they are available for anyone to use.

5> Supermarket car parks are subject only to the National speed limit if you are driving a small hatch back or elderly Subaru and you are less than 25 years old.

6> Pedestrians are obliged to give way to anyone who parks their car nose in to a Supermarket car park space.

7> White vans have total priority over all other vehicles when any road narrows from two lanes to one lane

8> Old men in Rover 75 Estates are obliged to give way to any other vehicle being driven by anyone under 25 (regardless of where in the road they are, what speed they are doing or whose right of way it is).

So the Driving test Examiners are on strike next week in protest over the new easier & "DANGEROUS" test?

Next thing you know, we'll have to leave our car keys out to make it easier for the poor deprived "young persons" to drive them away safely and not be exposed to the danger of broken glass?

On a similar subject, had our cars vandalised three weeks ago.
Police reaction was to not be interested [until I put up security cameras]!
:ohthedrama:
Then got a personal visit to be told I couldn't have the cameras (that weren't cheap) looking at the cars!

:mad:

:cuss:

:banghead:
I'm starting to understand why some minorities have deep distrust in the police.

Last edited:
Learner drivers taking me onto a motorway everyday for the rest of my working life? What's could possibly be the problem? :puke::ack2:

So the Driving test Examiners are on strike next week in protest over the new easier & "DANGEROUS" test?

Next thing you know, we'll have to leave our car keys out to make it easier for the poor deprived "young persons" to drive them away safely and not be exposed to the danger of broken glass?

On a similar subject, had our cars vandalised three weeks ago.
Police reaction was to not be interested [until I put up security cameras]!
:ohthedrama:
Then got a personal visit to be told I couldn't have the cameras (that weren't cheap) looking at the cars!

:mad:

:cuss:

:banghead:
I'm starting to understand why some minorities have deep distrust in the police.

Are you just making this up as you go along?

This is the statement from the union why they are going on strike - https://www.pcs.org.uk/campaigns/pcs-fighting-attacks-on-staff-in-dvsa

Nearest Motorway to tip of mainland Cornwall
2 h 21 min (130 miles)
via A30
2 h 19 min without traffic
Could be quite a long driving lesson!

Nos da

Are you just making this up as you go along?

This is the statement from the union why they are going on strike - https://www.pcs.org.uk/campaigns/pcs-fighting-attacks-on-staff-in-dvsa

Para 3, sub para 4?
"Our members' safety - and that of the public - will not be put at risk by new manoeuvres and the use of sat navs required by the rushed and badly designed new driving test".
Para 4, "A ballot in October saw 84% vote for strike action on a 70% turnout in the dispute over the new driving test".

Seems pretty clear to me, :spy:
what did you think was made up?

Or should we ask what side you are on???

Latest posts

Back