Quantcast

Leaf mould

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
I can't get the link to work ... I have a combined moisture/ph meter which I do use. I've had all sorts of problems growing tomatoes over the years - when they have been good the taste is fantastic ... in the bad years it would have been nice to have any to taste. This year was a good one despite starting late from seed - I tried Maskotka (free seeds on a Gardeners World Mag) - absolutely brilliant and a fantastic crop. Being a bush variety no need to pick out the side shoots either. I started out Gardeners Delight at the same time ... got a few tomatoes but not a patch on the Maskotka.

View attachment 22903View attachment 22904
We have such regular success with Gardeners Delight that we now grow nothing else. Grown in soil, not pots, in unheated greenhouse. Superb flavour, never fails.

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
We have such regular success with Gardeners Delight that we now grow nothing else. Grown in soil, not pots, in unheated greenhouse. Superb flavour, never fails.
Time for a change then ? Or possibly a side by side test ?

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
35 this winter
I can't get the link to work ... I have a combined moisture/ph meter which I do use. I've had all sorts of problems growing tomatoes over the years - when they have been good the taste is fantastic ... in the bad years it would have been nice to have any to taste. This year was a good one despite starting late from seed - I tried Maskotka (free seeds on a Gardeners World Mag) - absolutely brilliant and a fantastic crop. Being a bush variety no need to pick out the side shoots either. I started out Gardeners Delight at the same time ... got a few tomatoes but not a patch on the Maskotka.

View attachment 22903View attachment 22904

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Interesting ... No I don't ...

GowerSteve 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I thought the Maskotka were brilliant, too, esp for freebies.

Latest posts