lap top

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybee53

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
none now
My lap top screen does not seem to be the same as usual and the place where I usually enter stuff I want to look at (e.g. Th*****s) does not seem to be there. I can do e mails and found another way to get on this forum but otherwise I am stuck. Any one with more savvy than me got any ideas what I should do now? Oh btw I have got the http:// bit but not the google bit.

go to start click all programmes click accessories click on tools and click restore look for date before trouble started and follow instructions

My lap top screen does not seem to be the same as usual and the place where I usually enter stuff I want to look at (e.g. Th*****s) does not seem to be there. I can do e mails and found another way to get on this forum but otherwise I am stuck. Any one with more savvy than me got any ideas what I should do now? Oh btw I have got the http:// bit but not the google bit.

You mean the google search box in the corner of your browser?

Sounds to me like you've just lost your homepage or perhaps cleared your history ... do you use Internet Explorer or Firefox for your browser ?

I'm not good with computers and am still learning. I'm ok till stuff goes wrong.

Will attempt to do what you said Yeogi I have written it all down on paper in case I make a mess of it.

Domino - I mean the line where I type stuff in normally at the top left of the screen.

Pargyle - I use Internet explorer and I think that must be what is missing. I have got the logo at the bottom of the screen but nothing at the top. Maybe the history did get cleared the home page seems to be there but not quite right. Funny how you don't notice stuff till its not there.

Thanks all . Now I am going to try to sort it out. Failing that I will try to get someone who knows what they are doing to have a look at it.

File edit view

click view
then

toolbars

tick the toolbars

You may just have accidentally hidden the browser bar ... I don't use Internet Explorer and haven't for some time but it's going to be a simple job to restore it ... someone on here will be able to tell you what to do.

Oh this is an easy fix... throw it away and order an I-pad... Nobody uses laptops anymore.

Always worth having an alternative browser installed. It can get you out of problems as well as provide a different view, logged in or not for instance. Or varied sets of plugins. Try Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

Thanks all. Google toolbar had been changed. All sorted now so I'm up and running again. Yippee.:hurray:

Always baffles me. It worked before so they feel they have to change it, why can't they just leave things alone! Gmail is the same, just get used to it and then.......all change! Even iPads, works well till apple falls out with google and half the apps disappear!
Glad it works for you now though
E

Always baffles me. It worked before so they feel they have to change it, why can't they just leave things alone!

they are "improvements"

I have set mine up so that there are no "latest versions" no "updates" dont even bother to ask because I dont want it.

One thing that some people dont know... If you get a web page that is bigger then the screen and you cant seem to find the "next" or "continue" box press the wheel on the mouse and you should get a round thing on the screen with 4 arrows in it.... Now move the mouse. Press any button to get rid of round thing.

If you cant find the "any" button............

Sometimes pressing F11 might help.

I agree with you Enrico, they just change stuff when you are getting on ok. Grrr. Dishmop I am not clever enough to set stuff up. I am still a learner.

Latest posts

Back