Landing Boards Pros and Cons

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose you could have one on hinges that folded up and would act as a door.
Nice little chain and it would be just like a drawbridge....

as with Pete on this, sloped so no water pooling but in windy conditions gives a larger landing target / higher chance a tired forager gets that last load home. Side brackets to OMF frame so easy to remove if necessary (but it never has been), angled and sized so does not interfer wrt grounding and OMF can still sit flat on hard standing/car boot

My trick for what it's worth, is to varnish the landing board, when dry I apply a second thick coating and the apply a generous helping of sand ,place a second board onto the sand and weight with a brick ! Once dry I shake off the surplus sand. Result a lasting, none pooling surface !

John Wilkinson

why not go the whole hog and have DB style porches - have advantages of landing boards plus help shade entrance from rain, are easy to shut off for travel and are easy to apply a cover to stop bees venturing out into snow.

why not go the whole hog and have DB style porches

Just seen the pics, no way are they getting that - we've talked about a conservatory on the house and can't afford one, be damned if the bees get one first!

"no way are they getting that - we've talked about a conservatory on the house and can't afford one, be damned if the bees get one first!"

you should see our turkeys - they've spent the winter in an enclosed veranda with polycarbonate glazing panels!

i won't mention the housing for the feral cats and assorted chickens!

Latest posts

Back