Labelling...spot the errors...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming the font size is correct (can't tell on my screen) then it's 1 as the lot no. is missing

I don't claim to know any thing about labelling but I think.

1. You need a lot number what ever as you are required to be able to identify the batch.

2. The flowers on the label suggest the honey might be pure from that flower and it probably isn't.

3. I am not sure granulated honey is a permitted description.

4. Not illegal but there should be a voluntary statement about not feeding to infants below 12months.

5. Have we yet reached a situation where there needs to be a list of ingredients?

Do you need a net symbol? Font size?

Its late but here goes.

Country of origin should be included not just a local area (England) of the E.U. country of UK.
according to our local Trading Stds England is not seen to exist in EU eyes!!!

Durability over 3 months should be month/year

Lot no not strictly necessary as your name & address are taken as such.
So any product recall would then involve all your stock not just the suspect bucket/bottling batch.

Flowers on labels agree be careful, must be a high proportion (not sure of % poss 60%)
crocus honey anyone?

infants info not reqd at this time but useful

Granulation label useful info label, always used to be used in addition to main label
Reserved descriptions do not include granulation so not on the main label.

So I make that 2 with reservations on others possibly

Dont have time to and havnt looked at reasons but the main page of this site has been flagged as risky by 'Rapport' my fraud prevention software!
If anyone knows the owner maybe they could contact them?
S

And as the only one to follow your simple instructions:

"Just a number please "

I hope there's a "Good Boy Choccie Drop" too!

For the sake of educating and keeping us all in line, what are the three errors?

Is there a sticky for honey labels?

How about a generic content label (that could be downloaded?) that contains the minimum required info, correct font size etc and also a 2nd label with what is advisable to have (granulation, not for infants under 12 months etc)?

Edit - just found the BBKA advice which is well hidden on their site but is quite clear.

Last edited:
Surely the picture of a flower is less important as it does not claim to be a honey from one source? If that flower, however, constitutes a proportion of the forage for a portion of the season, that should surely be OK, unless of course you are trying to suggest your honey from Devon/Northumbria is sourced from manuka.

Dont have time to and havnt looked at reasons but the main page of this site has been flagged as risky by 'Rapport' my fraud prevention software!
S

The sites safe, it's a false positive on rapports part.

I think I found two errors.

When do we find out the right answer?

I can see two, but they don't apply to all the 10 examples.

Other errors may be debatable but I've not seen any evidence in legislation that they are errors.

Latest posts

Back