Jars - from who & how much?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wine making,........ can't get a better book than C JJ Berry's First Steps in Wine making. Bramble tip is great. Will tell you how to make wine from vertually any fruit or tree or plant basically.
You can't re use jars because we live in a capitalistic country. Think about all those people who need jobs and companies that need orders. Even if it is the local council recycling the glass. They need the money to pay the pensions.
:icon_204-2:

Love love in fact LOVE your answer. Made me chuckle!! And yes, Berry's book is brill, bible to me in fact to be honest, now, I chuck stuff in bucket, sugar, boiled water......... yeast........ demi-john........ voila.

As the Meercats say 'Simples'. Okay not prize winning but, try my wine and you never forget it (or remember it!!!).... how I 'snared' the husband!!!!

Keep smiling :)

I get my jars from cwjonez, have been c happy with price, service & delivery

Rawlings of Bristol or Pattersons

I find Rawlings the cheaper of the two this time of year

Anyone recommend a supplier of 12oz jars, please?

Dusty

C Wynne Jones - on the menu you have a sub meny for food jars click on that and there are sub menus for various types of jars - next (to the left of) the heading 'honey' there is a heading 'Hexagonal' click on that and the second item down is '12 oz Hexagonal jars' - try ordering those until you find another supplier :D
I used Patteson's for the last lot, very reasonable price (but then Veg and I did buy rather a lot!)

I use CWJ 12 oz Pandora jars. They are slimmer than their 1lb honey jars so come quite tall.
I don't like hexagonal....bubbles in the corner...sheeeeesh!!!!!

Pattersons do 12oz hexagonal at £24.50 for 50 inc shipping and VAT.

Pattersons do 12oz hexagonal at £24.50 for 50 inc shipping and VAT.

A little advice, some places sell jars but lids are extra and some sell with lids. Some sell 75 jars but lids come in one hundreds just to complicate matters! So careful when comparing!
E

A little advice, some places sell jars but lids are extra and some sell with lids. Some sell 75 jars but lids come in one hundreds just to complicate matters! So careful when comparing!
E

Quite true. The ones I quoted are with lids..

Well spotted that person..

And postage can have a massive influence on the unit cost

That's the thing - Patteson's may look a little bit dearer, but postage is 'free' of course, it isn't much of a problem when you buy a palletfull (trust SWMBO to take a day off that day! :eek:)

I've just ordered more from a place in Bristol on fleebay (Bristol bottles Direct) had 84 12 Oz with lids and free postage for £32 and they seem good so have just ordered 72 8 0z with lids and free postage for £25.95 - seems good to me.

If buying lots from Patterson PHONE them as they will offer better prices, well it worked for me.

I've just ordered more from a place in Bristol on fleebay (Bristol bottles Direct) had 84 12 Oz with lids and free postage for £32 and they seem good so have just ordered 72 8 0z with lids and free postage for £25.95 - seems good to me.

We use them, they worked out the cheapest price per jar incl P&P we could find the last two times we ordered.

The first time the packing left a lot to be desired and we had several broken jars, but they refunded pro rata.

The last time, packing was perfect and no breakages.

As for re-using our honey jars customers bring back - we do!

As for re-using our honey jars customers bring back - we do!

I fail to understand why you can't re-use jars.

You don't get a new un-used glass every time you order a drink in a pub, or unused plates and cutlery in a restaurant.......

I fail to understand why you can't re-use jars.

You don't get a new un-used glass every time you order a drink in a pub, or unused plates and cutlery in a restaurant.......

5th post may shed some light ??BBKA

Latest posts

Back