Ivy Watch

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First sniff of Ivey here. Glad to see it as there's little else around at present and when mixed with feed they have on, it will help see them through til next year.
Never had a problem with it setting too hard, can't say I would wish to eat though as it's smell is enough to put me off
S

Going mad for it here. Nice to see. My bees have over wintered on ivy as the main bulk of their honey stores since I have had them. Never seen a problem with dysentery

Last edited:
This was the Ivy here today in the South Wales Valleys, still a few weeks before there buds burst.

Attachments

• IMG_2061.jpg
    IMG_2061.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 18
This was the Ivy here today in the South Wales Valleys, still a few weeks before there buds burst.

The Ivy in SW Wilts looks pretty much like yours. Anyone care to confirm it's still a few weeks off? Was rather hoping it would burst forth in the next week - there's precious little of anything coming in at present

Saved by the bell in SW Wilts as the first Ivy has just started to flower in a couple of places locally. Interestingly the first Ivy Bees were already hanging around it waiting for them to fully open/flower. Will now take a break from feeding and review the stores situation in a couple of weeks time.

This a test to see if photo uploads

AF1QipOFovlgvR_iVlVLRrprn1Gvhz8TFVeV0ZI-RqOr

Guess not!

I noticed the Ivy buds have opened today. I've got all the harvestable honey off so lets see how the foragers perform.

Latest posts

Back