Its Never been done before

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A forum that can't discuss the issues including one of the biggest issues in beekeeping of all time - to import or to breed from local stock - would be no forum at all.

Do you really run a forum where comments on Chinese honey need to come with some evidence otherwise they get pulled?!

Mission, JM Clegg, Jason, Jay, Whatever your name is? And members
I agree with you I should not insult you personally!
I can?t do that can I?
I have asked to have the post deleted.
A moment of late night idle rambling and whisky.
Please except my apologies.
All the best Mike

Mike, it takes a real man to publically apologise. And I thank you for the gesture. I think you often mis-understand me personally. You have unrivalled success and a good reputation in supplying bees to us all. I actually admire your success, I am not jealous of it. I run my own business and so I know what it?s like to make my own living.

We have different opinions ? that?s all.

I am not against importing queens, I am importing 5 for my own use this year. Your new queens may solve some of the problems we all face. I just wish we could all work together to make the rearing some of our own UK bred queens a great success. What?s wrong with being proud to build something with a British flag on it? You can be a key player in the success of any queen rearing programmes we can build. Your business can benefit from us all getting behind each other and working together.

I don't think it's impossible.

Sincere and best regards

Jay.

In Defence 0f Mike

As a newcomer both to beekeeping and to the forum I have found this thread of particular interest.

I started out trying to get hold of bees last June, I live in Aberdeenshire and I could not find any bees for sale anywhere in Scotland. Trawling the internet I found Mike's website, gave him a call, arranged to collect 2 nucs and within a few days I was up and running.

I understand that the Queens are Carnolian from Slovenia and so far they have seemed well suited to the rigours of the Scottish climate even given the weather we have seen this winter and although I appreciate that the cold weather is not over, today both hives were flying and bringing in pollen.

When I visited Mike to collect the bees he was extremely friendly, helpful and gave me plenty of advice to get me started. Without Mike and his imported Queens I certainly would not be a beekeeper now.

Regards

Richard

I agree 100% Meikle, if had not been for Mike when I collected two nucs from him four years ago I would not be a beekeeper either. I suspect that the real culprit in some of his posts has it's roots in scotland, that firewater you export all over the world.

A forum that can't discuss the issues including one of the biggest issues in beekeeping of all time - to import or to breed from local stock - would be no forum at all.

Do you really run a forum where comments on Chinese honey need to come with some evidence otherwise they get pulled?!

Gavin sorry to be a bit thick but you have lost me,can you explain?

Gavin sorry to be a bit thick but you have lost me,can you explain?

No wish to prolong this, but as you asked ..

I was responding to Finman's post where he said that he moderates a list and will not tolerate anyone weakening someone's living or moralizing about his business. Nor tolerate comments on the quality of Swedish or Chinese honey, unless backed up by evidence.

If the Slovenians ended up in Meikle Wartle, as I recall there is OSR nearby and so they may do well. However, I have already explained why this might not be the best things for beekeeping in the area and don't plan to repeat myself now.

G.

I do indeed.

Worked for a couple of years at Wartle House.

I was brought up in Cults so am not really a midlander, just happen to be here for now.

PH

I was responding to Finman's post where he said that he moderates a list and will not tolerate anyone weakening someone's living G.

Yes, there is in forum system that some one is responsible what kind of insulting some one deliver to public. There are mad folks in beekeepers and they have what ever opinion and no facts behind it.

And to dilever to media all kinds of horror stories, it is not the purpose of forum.

Folks like to play sosial games like "is't it terrible, when I .." !!

Last edited:
Back