Isi t too late to perform an Oxalic acid treatment?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pbutterworth

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi,
I gave the hives a Apiguard treatment in the autumm, but have never done Oxalic acid. Am I too late to buy the kit and do it this year?
Thanks
paul

It’s not too late… but for a single treatment you may find it’s not that effective. So you could think about doing multiple or in this warm weather have a quick look to asses what method is best.
I looked into a few nucs yesterday and found no sealed brood yet larger colonies had small amounts.

It’s not too late… but for a single treatment you may find it’s not that effective. So you could think about doing multiple or in this warm weather have a quick look to asses what method is best.
I looked into a few nucs yesterday and found no sealed brood yet larger colonies had small amounts.
do you do multiple OA trickle treatments? and if so, based on mite drop to determine need?

do you do multiple OA trickle treatments? and if so, based on mite drop to determine need?
You don’t do multiple trickle treatments that will damage bees and brood….multiple treatments are for vaping only, at times of minimal or no brood a single vape is all that should be required during that period.

I would not base any single Winter treatment need on mite drop, if you kill 1mite in January its dozens/hundreds come the end of the season. You are providing your bees with a clean a start as possible for the upcoming season!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back