Is it me?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Why oh why oh why do people start moaning about the plight of the honey bee while showing a bl**dy picture of a bumble bee.

I noticed this is the Tesco magazine recently but they're not the first i've seen.

Presumably they wouldn't talk about the plight of greyhounds and show a picture of a bl**dy poodle.

Is it me?

Are you on a swarm collection list? I am and most of the time it is to do with bumble bees. Most people cannot tell the difference between a bee and a wasp.
How many honey bees have black and yellow stripes? But what do the cartoon bees invariably have?

this year i have delt with 16 bee swarms and over 60 bumble bees, most of the general public do not know anything about bee's, the best filter question when talking to the general mumpties is to ask how many bees 10s 100s or millions, anything less than a million its a bumble beealso ask if it is down in the ground or on the ground , it is very rare that honey bees are less than a metre off to the floor, as for tescos , its simple bumble bees are cute

I used to ask are they round like a marble or long like a cigar.

I blame winne the pooh, that is the immage people have off honey and therfore bees from their childhood

2983991938_16946f0536.jpg

I noticed a story a couple of weeks back on the internet about somebody getting stung by wasps, but the picture they used with the story was of honey bees!!!!!!!!:toetap05:

I was also taking to somebody last week (who I thought was resonably intelligent) about bee keeping and they thought i was on about keeping bumble bees. Just shows Joe public does not have a clue when it comes to the difference between honey bees, bumble bees and wasps!!!!!:rant:

Latest posts

Back