Is honey a premium product?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys....cool it please
This thread started off in the Matrix and is fast disappearing down a Rabbit hole.
Just be nice

And one more reason.
I would teach my potential clients to make soft honey. I would put up for sale a pack of 1 jar of 1 pound of crystallized honey, 1 jar of 2 ounces of OSR honey, a clay glass of 1/2 liter-1 pint.

Finman was Finnish or at least that's what I understood when reading several of his old posts, I am Galician.
I don't know why there is an intention to underestimate my comments.
You may agree or not, I can accept justified retorts and a degree of British humour.

I remember when we had the butcher's shop and my grandfather once stating.
'no matter how much you wash it and tart it up with whatever - in the end, it's still tripe'
You can discuss guts or the purpose of the post.
A colleague has asked why I would only sell crystallized honey in the UK and I gave 4 reasons, even to resume the post, I developed one more. No one forces you to comment but it seems disingenuous to try to underestimate the opinions of others for free.

I've been away a while. Did Finman pass away?

Think we have to accept what sells in Spain isn't necessarily the same as we sell in UK. There are so many sources of forage that it is hard to avoid having honey that will chrystalise at some point throughout the year. Some buy set honey some dont its a fact of life not worth making a big issue about.

Think we have to accept what sells in Spain isn't necessarily the same as we sell in UK. There are so many sources of forage that it is hard to avoid having honey that will chrystalise at some point throughout the year. Some buy set honey some dont its a fact of life not worth making a big issue about.
It is not necessarily a different product. I harvest once a year, so my honey is a mixture of what they have been accumulating. In my case, the chronological order would be fruit trees (stone, pip), bramble, chestnut, scrubland (uz, heather, gorse, dandelion, rosemary, thyme and other asteraceae). In general, monoflorals are usually associated with large monocultures.
The most divergent issue is whether honey crystallizes or not? Except for a year that crystallized very soon (one month), it usually takes more than 9 months.

It is not necessarily a different product. I harvest once a year, so my honey is a mixture of what they have been accumulating. In my case, the chronological order would be fruit trees (stone, pip), bramble, chestnut, scrubland (uz, heather, gorse, dandelion, rosemary, thyme and other asteraceae). In general, monoflorals are usually associated with large monocultures.
The most divergent issue is whether honey crystallizes or not? Except for a year that crystallized very soon (one month), it usually takes more than 9 months.
Depends on the concentration of glucose in the honey.

Are you anywhere near the stringybark (e. obliqua) gum trees in Galicia?

Latest posts

Back