is beekeeping an old mans game?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i am 27 and i am the 3rd youngest in my association of about 50 or so people. Most of the members would be around the 50-60 range.

I'm over 41 I think, used to be chimney sweep when I was a lad, that was harder than keeping bees, think I will be 42 when the blackberries are next out. bee-smillie

I'm 40,,,, it's like admitting to being a alcoholic lol
I'm still waiting for it to begin but it can't be long as sooo many have said life begins at 40.

Male - yes
Age - old enough to know better, but young enough not to care! :D

I like attending my Local Association meetings, it makes me feel positively youthful, especially when there are members who have been keeping bees longer than I have been alive.

I couldn't figure how to type the answer upside down at the bottom of the page so the correct answer is 45.

Male: No, Old: i hope not.
i'm the grand age of 25, so hopefully many years of bee keeping ahead of me yet

I started at age of 15 and now I am almost 64. Draw from that.

35 years ago, a splended future ahead

finman.jpg

and his maths is no better now than it was then !

S

I started at age of 15 and now I am almost 64. Draw from that.

35 years ago, a splended future ahead

I make you 50, not 64 !!!

S
I assumed that he was saying the picture was taken 35 years ago.

25 here - started beekeeping last year. Mind you - assisted in my first honey extraction at about 4... so I've been a long time in the making!!!

I plan to train the next generation from a young age... my nephew is now 3... I see no reason not to start now ;0)
He's already seriously addicted to honey sandwiches from his Uncle's bees... he should appreciate it all the more if he sees where it came from!!!

bee-smillie

I wouldn't know about age (I refuse to acknowledge the existence of birthdays), but I must admit to a secret curiousity I have - what is it about bloke beekeepers and beards!? :D

Well I'm 30 and a girley. Most of my friends are too busy raising young families to have time or money for hobbies, whereas I have skipped the whole child-rearing stage to explore various hobbies that maybe some can only enjoy later in life.

Two of my grandchildren in particular are very keen - they are aged 8 (just) and 5 and both girls.
T

I'm not sure- you'll have to ask Ben Pullan :)

Latest posts

Back