Interviews with Beekeepers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I've sent out the freebies and early orders I'm going to process orders though the printer directly for non-signed books. They print on demand so it takes about 4 days from order to be printed then another few days to arrive in the post...but it saves me turning my house into a warehouse. Signed books obviously come via me and they should be quicker as they are already printed.

I believe Amazon take something like 60% of what goes to the publisher, and they often reduce prices too. Once you deduct production costs, delivery costs etc there's basically nothing left! But they do offer a good service to customers, and they do deliver pretty well anywhere in the world.

I was one of the lucky people who won a copy of the book from Steve's blog.

It's wonderful, a totally unique publication which will be of interest to everyone on this forum. The first two interviews alone with Murray MacGregor and Mike Palmer are worth the price of the book. Learning from such experienced beekeepers who have tried and tested their methods in thousands of colonies over decades is something we don't usually get in beekeeping books save a few older publications.

It goes on my shelf next to Manley's 'Honey Farming' and Oliver Field's 'Honey by the Ton' as a deeply practical book with lots of very useful advice - of course I'm assuming you have enough experience with bees in your local area to know what applies to you and what does not.

In addition it is beautifully printed and very entertaining.

Highly recommended by me.

Sean O'Callaghan

David Kemp mentions a couple of books in his interview with Steve Donohoe:

Border Bees by Colin Weightman

and

A Man and His Bees - The Story of Alec Wilfred Gale by D Clements

Any one able to confirm the recommendations/give a view please?

The other books that are recommended frequently are Manley's which I already have.

Latest posts

Back