Interviews with Beekeepers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She says that she will cry when J7 dies. I fear that may be soon as she is 7 years old!

Seven years in this day and age- that's good going.

They are the mothers of most of Denrosa’s colonies and many of the prime queens sold to customers, although Murray does keep diversity by bringing in breeder queens from abroad too.

Thought Murray would have enough diversity from his 3000 colonies not to need to bring anything in from the outside. There again if you want to continue to improve your strain then there is nothing wrong with looking elsewhere.

Shaking out any that are still virgins after a fortnight! ??
That's the bit that stood out for me.
Promises to be an interesting book if he's interviewing beekeepers of the quality of Murray and Jolanta.

Last edited:
Shaking out any that are still virgins after a fortnight! ??
That's the bit that stood out for me.
Promises to be an interesting book if he's interviewing beekeepers of the quality of Murray and Jolanta.

I have registered for a free copy..

Thanks for your interest :)

So far I have interviewed Mike Palmer, David Kemp, and Murray/Jolanta. The blog has some silly/non beek stuff in but the book will be for hard core beekeepers. I have a couple more interviews lined up in California including Randy Oliver, and one in New Zealand (Peter Bray of Airborne), plus Hivemaker in January. Hoping to publish before this time next year.

Great read so far, I'll be getting that book :)

Yes, you can send it me, once finished with :D

Couple of cheap skates :)
Me I want to buy a copy of the limited signed print run bound in Moroccan leather.

Rearrange the following words to form a well-known phrase:
"More sense than money" :paparazzi:

Rearrange the following words to form a well-known phrase:
"More sense than money" :paparazzi:

No my friend it's an investment....Assuming book becomes classic then limited editions will sell for up to 10X the original price.
And if it flops you can always persuade an ebayer to buy it for 10X the original price based on it "becoming" a classic....
Either way you get a decent read and make a profit.

I got an article published in Feb 2019 edition of BeeCraft Magazine (Centenary edition) based on my visit to meet ITLD. Same as my "queen of queens of Blairgowrie" blog post.

They wrongly said that a line of over-wintering nucs were "mating nucs" but never mind.

Latest posts

Back