Insurance

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know of any cases that went to trial? If so, could you let me know the details so I can explore and log them. Teemore's case was an Occupiers Liability/Employers Liability case, involving a slippery approach to an apiary. The beekeeping was incidental.
I'd like to have a record of all cases involving claims relating to bees and beekeeping to put on this forum. There are frequently posts expressing a fear of being claimed against, but I've yet to find anything concrete.

I think you're probably fine with honey and wax products –-though candles could prove difficult if you used the wrong wick.I suppose –-but other products aren't covered.

We intend to start selling creams, balms, etc, and I will probably get some additional cover and also have them tested before they go on sale.

If anyone has any cover for this kind of business, I'd be interested to know.

I think you're probably fine with honey and wax products –-though candles could prove difficult if you used the wrong wick.I suppose –-but other products aren't covered.

We intend to start selling creams, balms, etc, and I will probably get some additional cover and also have them tested before they go on sale.

If anyone has any cover for this kind of business, I'd be interested to know.

We looked into the cosmetic side of bee products... Royal jelly / propolis, balms, soaps and creams etc etc.

Product liability is available ( at a high price) BUT the insurers would ONLY cover the risk if details of full approval and licenses were provided on EACH product....... a bridge too far!!

Somewhat like the Apiguard debarkle where the tiny little 2 hive sachets were licensed.. but not the 3 liter tubs.

Yeghes da

We looked into the cosmetic side of bee products... Royal jelly / propolis, balms, soaps and creams etc etc.

Product liability is available ( at a high price) BUT the insurers would ONLY cover the risk if details of full approval and licenses were provided on EACH product....... a bridge too far!!

Somewhat like the Apiguard debarkle where the tiny little 2 hive sachets were licensed.. but not the 3 liter tubs.

Yeghes da

That sounds like nonsense, icanhopit. Not that they didn't say that, but that it would be a deal breaker. Sometimes you just need to speak to the underwriter because the people we deal with these days have no knowledge of insurance, only the script on their screen.

Do you know of any cases that went to trial? If so, could you let me know the details so I can explore and log them. Teemore's case was an Occupiers Liability/Employers Liability case, involving a slippery approach to an apiary. The beekeeping was incidental.
I'd like to have a record of all cases involving claims relating to bees and beekeeping to put on this forum. There are frequently posts expressing a fear of being claimed against, but I've yet to find anything concrete.

I have only been able to track down old cases, most of which involve bees, horses and calamity. I think some of them have been highlighted on the forum previously and are drawn from a variety of common law jurisdictions.

Latest posts

Back