"Inside a beehive"

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Japetus

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I came along this book, apparently published by the same publisher that prints 'constructive beekeeping'.
Claims to be a photo book, frame by frame of a brood floor, but I wasn't able to track any additional information over the net.
Has anybody seen this book? Is it children orientated or could it be of interest to adults too?
I am interested at a similar photo project for educational use, and I would like to know if this book can be used instead...

The Magic School Bus Inside a Beehive [Paperback]
Joanna Cole (Author), Bruce Degen (Illustrator), Bruce Degan (Illustrator)

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Scholastic is re-releasing the ten original Magic School Bus titles in paperback. With updated scientific information, the bestselling science series ever is back!

When the Magic School Bus turns into a beehive, Ms. Frizzle's class learns firsthand about how workers, drones, and the queen bees live together. Readers will be abuzz with knowledge as they discover how honeybees find food; make a comb, honey, and beeswax; and care for their young, all from the bee's perspective.

Goggle it!

Thanks Dusty, I should have said that already exists another children book with that name.
Try to google it by adding the keyword "-magic" that removes the references to "magic school bus" in order to view info only about the other book I am talking..

This the one? [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inside-Beehive-Photographic-Through-Brood/dp/1907092048/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334908053&sr=8-2[/ame]

If the link doesn't get through search for:

Title: Inside a Beehive
Subtitle: A Photographic Look Through the Brood Box of a Real Beehive
Author: Valerie Rhenius
ISBN-10: 1907092048
ISBN-13: 978-1907092046
Publisher: CMI Publishing Limited
Pages: 40

I haven't looked in detail but it appears to be a serious (adult) book of images of the inside of a brood box. SCRUB THAT!

The publisher's web site says it includes 'Spot the Difference' activity, so it's probably aimed at children.

Last edited:
Yes, I've noticed that too, but still, if they are photos and not illustrations with cartoons, they could be of some educational use.
I doubt if there are going to be any pictures with diseases in there though.
Strange that I could not locate any further information..
The 'well known beekeeping store that starts with T' has a set of interesting laminated photos for that matter that can be framed into real frames and used as an educational material, but are rather expensive..

Just received an email after I contacted the publisher, and they have kindly sent me a sample page, it seems not a children book after all, actually closer to what I expected..

Latest posts

Back