Imported queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......Calm bee comes by human selection. It is gene error.

MayTheForceBeWithYou.jpg

There are quite a few A.m. subspecies that don't support this theory .... anatoliaca, cercropia, ligustica etc.

Your bees must be relatively calm - I see you don't bother with a veil! :eek:

There are quite a few A.m. subspecies that don't support this theory .... anatoliaca, cercropia, ligustica etc.

Your bees must be relatively calm - I see you don't bother with a veil! :eek:

Bees do not act as subspecies. They are strains what individual beekeepers keep on.

It is not theory. It is experience. 20 stings per day is a limit to me what I accept from hive. i work with bare hands.

My bees are calm, because I keep spare queens and eliminate all which tend to protect their property. No need to stand bad asses.

Another reason is my neighbour beekeeper 600 yards from me. He is very allercic and he had breeded his hives totally calm. He does not stand two stings.

When I bought Carniolan queens from Central Europe 10 years ago, some were very nice but some were really bad.

You need not to do much wrong and you have killer hives in your yard.
It is continuous selection to keep on quality level. But open matings cannot be controlled. I can see how much my queens get Carniolan blood on outer yards.

Last edited:
We have our own words but I am not going to explain them to you.
Find out youself.- that is funny...but Welsh jokes are best.

Latest posts

Back