I'm taking my first bbka module exam.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have something similar but never thought of it for frames. Does it hold up to propolis when the bees get a bit over-zealous? (Obviously you'd use pins as well.)
Yes, I've not had a frame come apart using the glue, I allso use 5 pins no more, u could use the recommended 11
But I can make two frames with 10 pins.

Jura is my favourite after a distant Scots relative brought a bottle to my grandmother’s funeral twenty five years ago. We had the lot and I rarely don’t have a bottle around. Either that or Talisker.
You lot are terrible.
I’ve just been making onion soup with a glut of bolted onions. It called for dry white wine so I had a try. Hey that’s ok. So
I found a bottle of Dalwhinnie winter gold and thought, what the heck! Stans not around. Do you know that despite my throat being medically fried it was jolly nice. Who’d have thought !

I like a single malt ... I've tried a lot over the years but the increasing cost of decent single malts these days rather resticts my consumption to the bottles bought for birtdays or Christmas .. probably my favourite is Aberlour - a mid priced 12 year old that I don't feel too guilty drinking ... although I try and ration myself and keep it for treats and high days ... at nearly £50 a bottle I've seen it double in price over the last 10 years .... the 10 year old isn't bad - very smooth and creamy and at £25 half the price I quite like that as well.

I like a single malt ... I've tried a lot over the years but the increasing cost of decent single malts these days rather resticts my consumption to the bottles bought for birtdays or Christmas .. probably my favourite is Aberlour - a mid priced 12 year old that I don't feel too guilty drinking ... although I try and ration myself and keep it for treats and high days ... at nearly £50 a bottle I've seen it double in price over the last 10 years .... the 10 year old isn't bad - very smooth and creamy and at £25 half the price I quite like that as well.

This is interesting the title says I'm taking my first bbka module exam..
And everyones talking about boozing..

I didn't realise the bbka had such a lasting effect and has turned everyone to drink!

Bunch of wineows you lot are :icon_204-2::sifone:

No ... my Basic Beekeeping one I have on me all the time in case I meet up with a Master Beekeeper on my travels, in my wallet with my driving licence ... I passed in spite of my smoker going out in the pouring rain and me explaining to the examiner that I'm foundationless so the frame I'm making has a starter strip and wires and no foundation. Getting stung more times than in my entiire beekeeping life because he insisted on me continuing with the inspection when it was blowing a gale and pissing down - I would not have even started let alone continued. Him getting on my deaf side and me mis-hearing "Where would you expect to find queen cells" and me answering - "probably from a good breeder on the internet"
The weather doesn't matter for some practical exams.
crazy but true, if it's peeing down you still have to do it. Just put your big pants on and get stuck in.

My General husbandry should of been 3 hours, 5 1/2 hours they were still going at it.
Had a row with one of the examiners he said the colony had sacbrood, I said the cell was being capped because it had a small hole in, after pulling a perfectly white segmented larvae out of the cell and showing it him on my glove he still said it was sacbrood. He was a bee inspector, I told him he was a fool. That didn't go down well.
Still passed it though lmao. What a charlie he was, I hope he never made the chief examiner job, bloody useless.
The same guy argued the queen cells weren't big enough, they were 25mm out of the grafting cup, I asked him if he had ever grafter queens he replied only for exams. How he got to be an examiner is beyond me.
The lady with him that was the main examiner kept shaking her head, I was concerned she had a twitch.
Turns out she was paired with a numpty.
The joys of exams eh. lmao

It's like passing a driving test, you just have to do what they want and say what they want for the few hours they are there.

My favourite single malt is glengoyne 10 year old.
Drinking whiskey atm but it's blended crap so I'm mixing it with ginger wine.
I do like whiskey and ginger wine.

I had a panic this morning, SWMBO tells me there is only a little Glenfiddich left in the bottle. I searched through my hidden stocks. 3 Bottles of Bells, they will do at a pinch, 2 bottles of Grouse, alright in coffee!!! 1 bottle of Glen Morangie, damn I was saving that!!!
Then I checked the cupboard where I keep my bee suits, Yes, Yes, Yes a litre bottle of Glenfiddich. Will log in again after the rugby!!!!

I had a panic this morning, SWMBO tells me there is only a little Glenfiddich left in the bottle. I searched through my hidden stocks. 3 Bottles of Bells, they will do at a pinch, 2 bottles of Grouse, alright in coffee!!! 1 bottle of Glen Morangie, damn I was saving that!!!
Then I checked the cupboard where I keep my bee suits, Yes, Yes, Yes a litre bottle of Glenfiddich. Will log in again after the rugby!!!!
Oh the joy of finding a long forgotten stash of single malts.... just found a 70cl bottle of Tallisker hidden behind all my University paperwork that I loathe to throw away!

Yeghes da :cheers2:

Glenfiddich was the favourite of an old friend's father, she just drank whisky and cola so any old scotch would do. When we finally got around to having a house warming, get to know everyone party ( well it was a bit of a whirlwind romance) all my besties turned up, Anwen (knowing I would only have decent malt and gin stocked) brought her own half bottle of tesco's finest, but true to form, her half bottle didn't last long so off SWMBO went to the study to find something suitable for mixing now Anwen hadn't really got to know SWMBO at that stage (she lived in London and, well, how do you introduce an ex girfriend/friend with benefits who is still a good mate) and when SWMBO came back with a bottle of Glenfiddich, she took her to one side and said 'I can't put this in my Coke, you know Emyr and his whisky, haven't you got any cooking stuff?' SWMBO just blushed and said 'This is his cooking whisky!'

Latest posts

Back