Ibuprofen in syrup mix?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webby

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
2 at the moment.
I've just seen on a Facebook beekeeping page, a guy who adds half a crushed ibuprofen pill to sugar syrup to increase bee health through the winter? Have any of you heard of this or know what it's supposed to do? Says he was told by an old beekeeper who had lots of healthy colonies.

I haven't done it, and don't intend to, before I get told off.

I've just seen on a Facebook beekeeping page, a guy who adds half a crushed ibuprofen pill to sugar syrup to increase bee health through the winter? Have any of you heard of this or know what it's supposed to do? Says he was told by an old beekeeper who had lots of healthy colonies.

Would be like giving your cat aspirin........:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:

DO NOT DO IT

Yeghes da

It would also be a good idea to add some Lansoprazole tablets to the sugar mix when using Ibuprofen.

Soundds like a complete raving loonatic to me - bet he puts matchsticks under the crownboard as well

It would also be a good idea to add some Lansoprazole tablets to the sugar mix when using Ibuprofen.

:iagree:

I discovered some time ago that Anti inflamatories without Lansoprazole to rebuild the stomach lining can have an adverse effect on your gin tolerance (much to SWMBO's chagrin last year when I started to throw up blood!!)

I must be growing like Victor Meldrew as his catchphrase remark is my initial and only reaction to this thread.

:hairpull:

Ibuprofen makes me throw up, I can't imagine why anyone would want to give it to bees.

Why not add some Prozac or Valium to keep them happy & placid? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have no idea why this would be done. He doesn't seem to know either but he's doing it! I will NOT be doing it. Just wondered if anyone had heard of this.

Just makes me wonder - does this clown also take an anti-imflamatory every day like normal people take vitamin C tablets?
I dunno but I've just been back to fb to look and he's in Florida. Explains a lot?

Probably helps the bees with the pain of having an owner who is obviously as thick as s##t.

Ibuprofen was only discovered in the 1950's and was only available in 1969!
So the 'old beekeeper' who told this guy about it can't have been that old!
B*ll*cks me thinks!:)

Last edited:

I suppose there's got to be someone at the bottom of the gene pool :(

I dunno but I've just been back to fb to look and he's in Florida. Explains a lot?

Apparently California has a larger concentration of fruit loops per square mile than any other state.

For those who didn't take a degree in geography whilst studying for a degree in Biology, meteorology, genetics, car park management and public toilet control:

California is in the United States which apparently has a larger concentration of frui...........................................................

Apparently California has a larger concentration of fruit loops per square mile than any other state.

For those who didn't take a degree in geography whilst studying for a degree in Biology, meteorology, genetics, car park management and public toilet control:

California is in the United States which apparently has a larger concentration of frui...........................................................

:hairpull: He is as nutty as a fruit cake?:icon_204-2:

Florida is as far away from California as Finland is from Florida.... further the better?

Nos da

Latest posts

Back